LSM G.A.S.

dxqcanada

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got the Minolta-35 Model II ver.b ... another one on its way, though I will need to replace the shutter curtain on that one.

The Minolta feels nice in the hand (has a nice heft). The lens has a reputation of being very high IQ.
The view/rangefinder is pretty good to view through. I like that it is not a bottom loader. Think I will re-skin this one with cameraleather.

Adds to our collection ... but I will be cutting down, as I only keep what I eat.
I think I will keep the Canon P, one of the Minolta-35 is BlackSheep's ... the others will go up for sale later (relieves my GAS).

Canon 7 w/ 50mm f/1.8
Canon P w/ 35mm f/2.8
Leica IIF w/ Summar 5cm f/2
Minolta-35 Model II (b) w/ Super Rokkor 5cm f/2

Last edited:
Compur, you use Leica digital only ... have you used a Sony NEX with screw mount lenses ?

Nice collection there!

Thanks, I only started a month ago ... that's what happens when you have a bad case of gas.
I haven't even finished a roll of film through any of them.

Compur, you use Leica digital only ... have you used a Sony NEX with screw mount lenses ?

No, I haven't used NEX or digital Leica. My current M39 cameras are a Canon L-1 and a Bessa R.

Ah, hmm ... I must have mixed up people.

I was thinking of picking up a cheap mirrorless digital (like an old NEX-3) to use with my screw mount lenses.

Ah, hmm ... I must have mixed up people.

I was thinking of picking up a cheap mirrorless digital (like an old NEX-3) to use with my screw mount lenses.

You just missed a heck of a deal at Henry's. I bought the Ricoh GXR w/ the A12 M - mount adapter. Its a 12Mp CMOS APS C sensor w/o AA filter. I am just waiting for the M-mount to arrive. I also got the S10 24-70 (focal length equiv) lense kit w/ it as well. All of the Ricoh GXR stuff was 50% off, not sure if the sale is still on or the availability of the M-mount module.

Ah the modular Ricoh.
Just checked Henry's site and have some Ricoh bits/pieces left ... pricing is very low.

Looks like they don't have any really old NEX's left (I did not expect they would).

Okay, I am getting rid of the Canon 7, Leica IIF, and a different Minolta-35.
I have more cameras than lenses (I am keeping most of them) ... so I will be short on those, bodies only except for the Leica as I have a Summar 5cm with that.

Anyone interested ?

You're getting rid of a Leica??!!! I'm new enough to actually using the LTM/LSM mount bodies and lenses that I don't yet know all the various Leica models, especially the older cameras. I got a 'new' Bessa and I have the Ricoh GXR which I got from Adorama. And I got a vintage Corfield lens (which looks rather strange on a digital body!).

Then by a fluke of fate bought an M3 mostly for the lens, because the offer was too good to refuse... (actually it was from an area camera shop that I've bought from many times before). Might go do some googling but have a feeling the older Leicas are way out of my price range and might stay in fantasyland.

Yeah, I don't like the bottom loading.

I have posted my Leica IIF w/ Summar 5cm and Universal finder on eBay ... starting bid $300.00

Same starting price for my Canon 7 with 50mm f/1.8

If anyone wants them at that price ... I can cancel my eBay listing (before someone bids on them).

I can see how the bottom loading for film may not be the best option, it isn't what I use if I want something I could toss in a roll of film quick - I have other vintage cameras that aren't the quickest or easiest to use but I take out on occasion when I'll be out shooting at a more leisurely pace. Those aren't as costly as I would've thought, but I'm probably thinking of the really early ones I've read about that seem to be more rare.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back