Lucky Duck...or should I saw Owl

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.airic.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For those that remember my post from a month ago "What a Hoot" http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14186&highlight=hoot I was able to stumble across the same Barred Owl again this morning. At first light I headed out and with incredible luck I came across the same owl but in a different location from before. He was on a branch only a few feet off the ground and let me get within 20 feet of him. I was able to shoot him for 15 minutes before a family came along and scared him to a higher perch. It was a truly awesome experience.

2owl_9616.jpg

2owl_9606.jpg

2_owl_9599.jpg

2owl_9590.jpg

2owl_9609.jpg

2owl_9604.jpg

2owl_9621.jpg

2owl_9619.jpg

I really hate getting up at 7am on my day off on a -8 degree morning but I really love when it pays off like this.

Enjoy,

Eric

That bird is your friend! Must be. Why else would an owl stay there, not fly away, and thus even POSE for you!??! The result of your getting up early at "brrrr-temps" on your day off is ever so good! But what more are we to expect from you, I wonder ;).

In short:
Brilliant as ever!

LaFoto said:
That bird is your friend! Must be. Why else would an owl stay there, not fly away, and thus even POSE for you!??! The result of your getting up early at "brrrr-temps" on your day off is ever so good! But what more are we to expect from you, I wonder ;).

In short:
Brilliant as ever!
I used to see a Redtailed Hawk everytime I went out to a certain area... He Never flew away... :mrgreen:

I REALLY like the first and last the best but they're all incredible!! If I owned these, some would definitely be enlarged and framed...

Wow wow wow and wow. Nothing else to say;) Well, err, yes I do , that last picture is a killer pic.

I think you two have bonded and have a whole lotta karma going on:D

Thanks guys. I was reading up on the Barred Owl and apparently they start to mate soon. It sounds like they stay in the same area to hunt so over the next few months I will try and capture the young. They are loners but the babies stay in the nest for a few months.

Can't wait to see it again.

Eric

AIRIC said:
Thanks, You live in a pretty photogenic area. I'm always down in the Niagara Region shooting and unwinding.

Eric

Eric, you are welcome to stop by here sometime, you are truly a fine photographer and I would like to take you out in my boat so you can show me how to best approach loons here in Lake Ont., also, It would just be a pleasure to meet you.

btw here is our escape!

DSC00224b.jpg

Most reactions

Back