lizheaemma

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.alipearsonphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just thought I would tell you about my lucky find.... I had stopped in out local future shop to grab a memory card and was chatting with the camera guy about how impossible it was to find any Nikon stuff, even second hand, no shops here even have any Nikon cameras right now.... I mention that I have been looking for a D90 as a second body. He asks me if I saw the D90 open box.. They just got it in last week.... D90, everything in box, even all the wrappers, warranty, box isn't perfect.... But.... $400.00.....

I am a happy camper, it works great!

$400 Canadian for a D90 body, that's a great buy.

That's awesome but generally, FutureShop isn't a great place to buy Camera gear.

Just thought I would tell you about my lucky find.... I had stopped in out local future shop to grab a memory card and was chatting with the camera guy about how impossible it was to find any Nikon stuff, even second hand, no shops here even have any Nikon cameras right now.... I mention that I have been looking for a D90 as a second body. He asks me if I saw the D90 open box.. They just got it in last week.... D90, everything in box, even all the wrappers, warranty, box isn't perfect.... But.... $400.00.....

I am a happy camper, it works great!
w00t!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

That's awesome but generally, FutureShop isn't a great place to buy Camera gear.

Really? Because a $400 D90 from Future Shop isn't the same camera you would get from Lens & Shutter? Or London Drugs? Or from B&H? Really?

That's a pretty poor generalization.

Congrats on the find OP.

That's awesome but generally, FutureShop isn't a great place to get camera advice.

Sometimes the best deals come from unlikely places. I still prefer the local camera store though.

Really? Because a $400 D90 from Future Shop isn't the same camera you would get from Lens & Shutter? Or London Drugs? Or from B&H? Really?

That's a pretty poor generalization.

Congrats on the find OP.
Oh it's the same camera alright. But just see what happens if things go wrong and you need to go back for support. :D

Just thought I would tell you about my lucky find.... I had stopped in out local future shop to grab a memory card...

What is this "future shop" you speak of? Do they sell lightsabers?
They're a division of BestBuy in Canada. Only difference is that in BestBuy the staff don't earn commission. At FutureShop, the staff make next to minimum wage and make their entire income from selling you "protection plans" and whatever it is they are offered the most SPIFF that week. The staff are often ignorant about cameras, only interested in closing the sale and if you have a problem with the camera, they often just shrug and tell you to contact the manufacturer. In other words: a big box store.

Yes, Future Shop is a bad place to get advice, but it isn't right to go to the smaller speciality store to get advice and then buy somewhere else.

And Lightsabers aren't from the Future. They're from Long Long Time Ago in a Galaxy Far Far away.

Agreed, they are big box and I buy 90% of my stuff from the local shop. Though the reality is that sometimes he can't get what I want or need. Living in northern Ontario, we aren't really left with a lot of options. Within about an 8 hours drive we have three places that carry ant Nikon. I got a great deal on the camera I was looking for. Probably a better deal then I would have second hand, and it has a manufactures warranty.

Most reactions

Back