lucky-to-get pic...

speciespython

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I good friends with an old bloke who lives just up the road,(and across our property) and i was up there the other day, hopeing to get some pics of him, but unfortunetly he wasn't there,
so i walked back, cutting across his property on the way back.
He had the regular 2 old horses(about 23 years of age!) in his paddock so i decided to take a couple of free-hand pics. (and a small film of the 2 following me!)
here is one of the pics (not very good, but i don't have much of a steady hand, and i was just getting it to keep as a reference)
27-8-05037.jpg

so the next day i walked up there to take some pics of him, and he was there. so i talked for a while, got a few pics, and went back over his property.
i was half way across, when i noticed the white horses was laying on the ground, and couldn't get up. on closer inspection he had a wound on one of his back ankles. so i ran back and told Fred (the old bloke). he had a quick look, told me he thought that it was on it's 'last legs', and went for a drive to tell his son (who owned the horses) . i went home.

the next day as i walked past on the way to town, there was only one horse. i think he had the white one put-down :(
i am so glad to get the pic! i'm getting a friend to draw it for me, so i can give it to him. i feal so sorry for Fred! he is about 80, and has know the horses since they were foals! :sad anim:

thanks for reading,
laura

How sad! How fortunate you were there to photograph the white horse! They both are beautiful old horses!

This makes me happy for both you and Fred that you managed to get a photo of this one horse of his only a day or two before it had to leave our earth. He'll cherish the photo for the memory it will bring him, I am sure.

(Does it look like a wet day or did you HAVE a wet day?)

When my aunts horses got old they became pets.. never riden.

Steve :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back