Lumber Exchange

deeky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Lumber Exchange Building, downtown Minneapolis.

It's already a little different processing for me, but I like it. As I've resaved and uploaded, I've been debating about adding a little noise to the whole thing. Thoughts?

As always, comments welcome.

IMG_4326a by breckmiller, on Flickr

I'm not sure what steps you took, but let me guess at a couple. Overall, it looks a little too desaturated. The colors look kind of dead to me, especially the sky. Also, I'm thinking that you straightened the verticals. I think that the image needs at least a bit of convergence toward the top. The angled roof line, combined with the parallel uprights on the projecting corner actually create the illusion of divergence to me, which looks a bit weird.

Otherwise, it's an interesting take on a neat old building.

^^^ Agree - it actually looks over-corrected, with some divergence at the top. If you want to desaturate the building, you probably want to desaturate the sky more than the building.

I agree with the above comments. Very good play of light on the building. I think this makes the shot.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll rework it and put the rework up a little later.

Allright, here's the rework. I put a little convergence back in there, but not as much as the original. I did go back and look at it, but thought it way to much. I also went full-color, no desaturation.

Thoughts?

IMG_4326b by breckmiller, on Flickr

A slight desaturation of the building would give the viewer a feel of an old-time era.

The perspective is more realistic.

Your second take on the shot is great, first one was just too flat for my liking

I like both. Maybe the 2nd a little more.

Most reactions

Back