Luminarium

stingray

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
During the recent Commonwealth games here in Melbourne there were quite a variety of arts related activities available for free throughout. The biggest highlight for me was this place called the luminarium. It's a fairly large inflatable structure that works using natural light illuminating transluscent PVC or some vinyl like plastic. Enjoy.

luminarium-1.jpg

bluered.jpg

greenred.jpg

redfade-1.jpg

waiting.e86.jpg

Hope they're enjoyable. It is film, not digital :wink:

That's really neat; I've never heard of anything like that. Great place to take pictures, though, and you got some really nice ones. I especially like the first one. It seems very sci-fi ;)

thanks. in retrospect it seems like it would've been pretty hard not to get a decent picture or two!

bump.. thought i'd get more attention from these... and that's what i want being a child! please, mature photographers of the world.. come and see the work of a fledgling child.

What an interesting idea and design and place to go to!
I really like to get an overview, some context, as you are showing us in your first photo, but all in all I like the second best of all because of the intense colours and your composition. Very nice abstract of colours, lines and patterns. Quite, quite appealing!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back