lumix lx100 hdmi to mac book

camara 5

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a lumix lx100 I would like to know if using the hdmi port I could i live view it on a macbook

Usually not. Computers rarely have a HDMI in function, they mostly are outbound video only. You normally have to add a card or USB device to capture inbound video on a MAC or PC.

ok im not
Usually not. Computers rarely have a HDMI in function, they mostly are outbound video only. You normally have to add a card or USB device to capture inbound video on a MAC or PC.
I'm not actually using it for video. im useing it for stop motion basically I'm going to be taking a buch of photos and making them in to a video in an edition software so i want to be able to view the photos on my macbook pro instead of on the camera

I think @Rickbb is referring to the video signal, not a full-motion video product. The image signal (and probably the associated audio signal) are probably one direction only - from the computer out to a device (like a monitor).

I think @Rickbb is referring to the video signal, not a full-motion video product. The image signal (and probably the associated audio signal) are probably one direction only - from the computer out to a device (like a monitor).
Correct, you need a monitor made for this not a computer or even a tablet.

ps. even a still digital image is a video signal.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
There may be software available that will allow this. In the Nikon work, there is a program called Control my Camera that allows the computer to set exposure and control the shutter, via the standard Nikon USB cable. I don't recall it allowing Live View, but I was using it on a D40 which did not have a Live View mode.

Most reactions

Back