M & R, ski lift wedding

2nd shooter for Trevor Brown

p487894304.jpg

Pretty good overall. Except for this shot. This looks horrible. Just totally,totally awful compositionally.This looks like a beginner's idea of composing a photo. I would love to hear a reasoned justification for ruining a shot of the groom in this manner.

The sepia tone looks pretty good to me. I especially liked the high-angle, wide-angle shot of the ceremony from the balcony--that was very nice!

Another shot that looked bad was the father helping the groom get dressed...a bad horizontal composition, and too much defocus on the groom. The groom's wedding-ring-less finger would have been included had the composition been a more-appropriate "tall", but it was shot as a horizontal, so his youthful physique, and his ring-free fingers were all not shown. Instead, we got a good look at a blown-out white wall, and a black doorway. Just a lousy choice on that one being a horizontal. Also,the foreground bokeh of that lens is nothing special...it does nice-looking REAR defocus, but the foreground bokeh is not very pleasant to look at.You've played that defocus trick pony card one too many times. So all in all, the shot of what I assume to be the groom's father helping him get dressed was a totally blown shot...horrible composition, and bad technique ( 135mm lens used from close range, very wide-open)...I sure hope you shot that "straight" as well, with a shorter lens and without the blown-out focus on one of the single most-important shots in the GROOM's shot list...

Lotta' work on the bride's shots, but that shot of the groom being dressed is simply awful... I hope there are others...

I thought the ski lift wedding concept was novel...FIRST time I have EVER head of a ski lift wedding.

The guests dont go up the ski lift. Poor grandma and grandpa lol. This is just for the first meeting. They saw each other before the ceremony. Me and the groom went up first. The main photographer came up 15 min later with the bride.

Depends on who you are talking to where different will = dumb - sometimes.

I like when people choose something different - if nothing else to me, it keeps it interesting, whether I think the idea is dumb or not.

Nice job on the shoot and processing.

Maybe it's just me... but I don't see a *theme* anywhere. :lol:

I see snow... and a ski lodge wedding location (which is seriously not that uncommon)... but I see no hints of a wedding "theme" anywhere.

I see she's wearing *Uggs*... because it's cold... and there's snow on the ground... but I still don't consider that a theme.

Different strokes, I suppose, haha.

And as for being freezing... I'm sure she was... but that's what about-to-wed women do for the sake of their wedding pictures.

It was 30 degrees out the day I got married, and GOOD LORD those were tough pictures to stand around for. :lmao:

Schwetty, the shot of them together through the ski goggles was pretty freakin' awesome! :sillysmi:

e.rose said:
Maybe it's just me... but I don't see a *theme* anywhere. :lol:

Freezin' yer a$$ off in wedding clothes was the *theme*!!!!

Freezin' yer a$$ off in wedding clothes was the *theme*!!!!
Pretty much every winter wedding up here. :lol:

For my own wedding, it was Oct. 15th and we had the ceremony outdoors. I didn't snow, but it wouldn't have been too much of a surprise if it had. Were were hoping for fall colored foliage, but most of the leaves were off the trees by then. To help with the cold, we gave each of the bride's maids a cashmere shall to wear with their dress.
WedWeb-008.jpg

My buddy's wedding was in January. After the ceremony they went sledding and then to an ice rink for some skating and hockey.

Agree w e.rose: the shot of the couple's reflection in the sunglasses is very cool.

As mentioned by others, I love the toning you did the b&w. Super classy :)

NICE WORK!
On personal note, good for you for mentioning studio you shot for! Double kuddos :)

I'm a newb here but just wanted to say I enjoyed the photos. I'm sure snowboarding or skiing plays a significant part of the happy times in their life. What a creative and meaningful way to start their lives together. far fetch from "dumb" in my opinion but everyone has one.

What an awesome shoot! Do you have any in color?

I agree with jaxx419. The couple probably enjoys skiing and/or snow. I think that if they want to get married in a place that has significance for them that is FANTASTIC! The images, too, are fantastic!! In areas where it is freezing cold from October-March, I don't think everyone should be forced indoors. Kudos for them, and kudos for these pictures!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back