p209919425.jpg

p237034011.jpg

p194733568.jpg

p1303039.jpg

p331648487.jpg

p55995210.jpg

p484261253.jpg

p4409031.jpg

I bet the bride was freezing her rear off. Glad she had those boots on. Good images even though the winterish theme is kind of strange to me.

What photo editing software do you use? Love the hint of brown in your photos.

Nicely done picture for a dumb theme.

Of course, anything you don't agree with is "dumb" and there's no room to reason with you.

Why are you back? We were doing just fine in the absence of "The Traveler".

Robin,

I think your blacks are a hair too dark on these two images:

http://usagani.com/img/s11/v37/p83137131.jpg

and

http://usagani.com/img/s3/v38/p237034011.jpg

On the second one, I feel like if you brightened the luminance of the green in the trees on the right, it might do more for the photo. Increases contrast and gradation, etc.

Overall, nice comps and nice work. Hope you stayed warm!

Of course, anything you don't agree with is "dumb" and there's no room to reason with you.

Umm... This place sure has changed over the years. Makes me wonder why I should come around.

-Pete

The first image is one of my favorites. I think it would benifit from a bit of cropping in on the left and at the top. Truly a nice candid.

The real standout for me is the full-legnth portait of the couple at the top of the slope. Nice lighting! I would have asked they drop their hands a bit, have him hide his finger tips, and maybe have her show a bit of her right toe. Very nice! Great setting.

-Pete

Umm... This place sure has changed over the years. Makes me wonder why I should come around.

-Pete

Man, I have to agree. The longer I am on this forum the more I am seeing personal attacks and sordid comments out of the blue.

What gives?

I like! ;) Wasnt she freezing though lol

-Pete

Man, I have to agree. The longer I am on this forum the more I am seeing personal attacks and sordid comments out of the blue.

What gives?

It wasn't a personal attack. I asked why he was back...?

What is the purpose of such comment "Nicely done picture (there's more than one photo) for a dumb theme"? What I was able to interpret through that post was that any wedding done at a Ski Resort, done "unconventionally" or outside the box was a dumb premise for a wedding. For example, the "Decades" wedding that I shot last year probably would have been an abomination, since it was anything but formal.

Kind of a poetic and telling comment at the same time, as I can recall several posts from the Traveler between him and other forum members where his opinion was the end-all/irrefutable truth, rather than purely artistic opinion. I feel that was conveyed in this short, one sentence post as well.

Such a post led me to wonder why he came back, if the reason that he left in the first place is because he couldn't come to terms with the fact that his opinion wasn't gospel... That's all.

Why is it dumb?

I think that this kind of wedding where the situation and the setting are extreme can be difficult for many of the guests and, having gone to a couple of themed weddings, the last a Renaissance theme, found them much more interesting in the conception than in the actual experience.

Last edited:
Tyler,

You have a lot of anger that is better left unexpressed.
If my opinions are faulty then you have the option of revealing the truth or just not responding.

OTOH, you make me laugh and very happy.

The theme seems a bit quirky to me too, but I love the images. Great job. I also love the hint of brown in these. It adds a certain warmth to what otherwise appears to be a cold environment.

Well done.

It's not the fact that your opinions are faulty.

It's the fact that you fail to recognize they are just opinions.

That's all.

Tyler, out.

Most reactions

Back