mac calibration

hayley.price

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hey guys, i had some photographers tell me my screen wasn't calibrated right because pictures that looked fine to me looked either over or under exposed to them depending on the picture, even tho my screen was newly calibrated. so i have just re-calibrated my screen and my pictures look the same anyone know why this is? or what i'm doing wrong?

First go through the process of how you calibrated your screen. Detail also your working environment since the ambient lighting can affect your results.

What calibration tool(s) did you use?

Where are the pictures in question?

These look fine on my iMac.

Guessing that some folks saw the white paint and didn't like it to be so white.

yea i looked at the histogram on these pictures and unless i have misunderstood it the whole time there being a slight gap on the right hand side (being the white side) means to say that its lacking in whites, thats why i got a bit confused with it, that is just an example histogram from one of these images but i couldn't understand why that said it was fine and they said otherwise

Those look good to me - I think what is fooling them is that you've edited them so that the balance between the darks and the lights is flatter (a sort of HDR/Tone-mapping effect) which might make some people feel that they are "brighter" than they should be.

It doesn't have that "just a touch too dark" feeling that some of your other shots that you've shown around have held.

It is like overread says. The exposure looks fine to me on my Mac, phone, and pc. It is the way they are edited that is probably throwing people off.

hmm thanks for your comments guys thats reassuring and they have had no HDR effect put on just s slight up in the clarity

Hmm I think you must also be upping the "fill shadows" control as well, which would brighten the dark areas only (could be done in RAW or in editing just after RAW)

Most reactions

Back