Macro critique please...

Blackswann

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ladies, gentlemen... your worst, if you please...

b7ad33ff.jpg

Neophyte Photographer said:
I love the shot. Nice composition. The leaf in the bottom right is somewhat distracting tho.

i agree i also think it would look better at a more direct angle to the bee's side because at first i couldnt quite tell what it was doing, i think it would look better with more of the head showing

the color is great! :thumbup:

Woah, I think this is one of the finest pictures ive seen on here yet. I love the color contrast between the purple and green as well as the detail on the bee. A crop could'nt hurt, if its digital play around with it to see what works for you. Very nice Job,
/saveas!

:thumbup:

Thankyou very much for all your critique.. i find insects amazing macro subjects but alot of the time it is just pure luck. I had to really wait for this... any suggestions on how to set up better insect macro shots out there because I absolutely love the detail?

i like the detail here i agree tho that leaf is distracting. it is very nice still.

I think you just caught it in a bad pose. He looks all intertwined with the flower.
Actually, he looks more blended into the flower though.
I guess the leaf is distracting considering where the bee is now, but if the bee were in mid flight up above the pollen, I think the leaf would add good balance.

Most reactions

Back