Macro in the kitchen

jdunphy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
jacobdunphy.com
Mainly food macros. My house seems to have a nearly unlimited supply of produce.

Criticism is thoroughly encouraged! :)

2007_10_04_02.jpg

2007_10_04_03.jpg

2007_10_04_04.jpg

2007_10_04_05.jpg

2007_10_06_01.jpg

2007_10_06_02.jpg

2007_10_06_03.jpg

2007_10_06_04.jpg

Wow, those are great macro's.

The rasberry is a bit flat, and the dof a bit shallow on some, but without that I wouldn't have had a cool trippy fit scrolling over that cheese grater..:cyclops:

The orange slice and the onion win, just left a bit of dark shading far right of the slice, but its nothing.

beautiful shots there, what lense did you use

<noob question> can you do macro's with a standard lens kit like a 17-50 or do you need something higher or lower cause i really want to do some of these when i get my cam. </noob question>

Thanks for the comments, everybody!

beautiful shots there, what lense did you use

Tamron 90mm. I got it about a month ago, and I'm reaaaaallllly happy with it.

@joxby - Thanks for the comment about shallow DoF. It's one thing I can sometimes forget to take into account. I sometimes concentrate too much on a particular aspect of the image, and ignore the overall composition.

@Volcomkid - Macro generally refers to shots that are taken at or approaching a 1 to 1 ratio with the image being taken and the size of the medium. Meaning, at 1 to 1, what your sensor in your camera sees is essentially the same size as the sensor. Generally, people use specialized (macro) lenses for the purpose, but there are also other things you can do. There are ways to mount lenses backwards to increase the magnification ratio and extension tubes which can also serve that purpose, but depending on the camera and the way you're doing things, you can lose things like autofocus and exposure metering. It's can be a lot cheaper though!

Most reactions

Back