jon_k

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
North Richland Hills (Ft. Worth suburb) TX
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thoughts?

cds-800.jpg

Interesting. Would it have been possible to stop down more?

Interesting. Would it have been possible to stop down more?

With the bellows DOF is RAZOR thin. I stop the lens down to f/22 for pictures like this. Thats as much as my lens will do. I feel a few millimeters more DOF could have done better.

I still think this picture holds up as good as it could have!

I might be able to craft my own aperture out of cardboard to make it higher, maybe I can put it behind the lens.

The fact I got an 'interesting' from you isn't bad. You frequent these critique forums quite often and I rarely see you even give that much.

It is good for what it is. I just think there's so much interesting texture here that it's a shame for most of it to be out of focus.

And I rarely give even an "interesting" because most of the people on this board who post really good work already know it's really good, so they don't put in the critique section.

I love the graphic nature of this shot. I agree that it is a little soft. Keep in mind that stopping down as far as you can go is not a cure all. If you are shooting a super slow exposure time then blurr is a major consideration. Even with a stout tripod there will always be vibrations that need to be considered. Also keep in mind that your smallest aperture may not be your sharpest. Lenses vary greatly. For example my Schneider 210mm is sharper at 32 as opposed to 64.

Love & Bass

Very cool. I can't tell what it is but very cool. I wouldn't tell people what you took a shot of though, just make up a random name and let them guess.

I feel like I should give you at least one critique, so I would say try making the shot a little brighter next time. I would describe it as a fun, juicy looking shot (that's not weird, is it?) and those kinds of things should be well-lit.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back