Macro Photography

gyaneshwar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello Friends.........I am from INDIA, My Name is Gyaneshwar Verma, I am 30 yrs old........
please ignore my English............

I want to learn macro photography............

I have Nikon D-5500 with 18-55mm Lens and a Tripod............

I dont have much money for buy a seperate Macro Lens (40mm, 60mm or 105mm) my budget is very tight........... but i want to click macro shoots like Flowers, Water drops, insects, small plant etc.........

I tried too much google for Macro Photography........i got different replies Some says Use Extension Tubes, some says Use Reverse Ring and some says use Closeup Filters etc........

Is it true if i use Extension Tube or Reverse Ring they can damage my Camera Body..........

Now i am totally confused which brand's equipment i should buy for macro photography alongwith not downgrade the detail of photo (click by equipment).

Due to my tight budget i can only spend $100 for micro / macro photography.......it is very hard for me to spare $100 from my salary (Rs. 7000.00 in India).

Give me fair advise where to start macro photography and which company's brand i should buy.......... Help me please

With that budget, extension rings will be your best option.

A reversing ring would be an exercise in futility with a lens with no aperture ring.

With that budget, extension rings will be your best option.

A reversing ring would be an exercise in futility with a lens with no aperture ring.
would you suggest me which company's i should buy extension rings.........or share a amazon page url...........

Assuming its the kit lens you have then a close up filter would be best. Extension tubes just shorten the minimum focus distance which make subjects bigger as you can get physically closer to them with the lens. The kit 18-55mm already has a short minimum focus distance so there is little point with using them with this lens as they will mostly just put your point of focus behind the sensor.

A close up filter will magnify what's in front of the lens and while most are poor optically this one has a good reputation DCR-250 Super Macro conversion lens for D-SLR cameras, 4K and HDV Camcorders.

Of course the best option would be to get a 1:1 macro lens, but if it's not in your budget it is not an option.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back