Macro - "Rose Stamen"

Michael Brown

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.naturescapes.net
Hello everyone, ... it has been a long time! :)

I do not get to visit forums like I use to because of all the shooting that I have been doing and working with various clients, but thought I would take some time to come in here and post something.

This is a stamen found within a rose.
I took a unopened rose bud that was maybe a week or two away from fully opening, and slowly peeled away some of the outer petal layers until some of the fresh stamens were exposed.
You get the feel of "fresh", "untouched", or maybe even a "virgin state" when photographed like this.

5463093-lg.jpg

I used the old method or setup of a Canon 100mm macro and a Nikkor 50mm 1.4 lens attached in reverse. It still works like a charm!

I moved my journal recently, and if you would like to pay a visit to see all the writings, images, etc., ... feel free to stop on by.
There are "no ads" and junk in my journal!
http://macroartinnature.wordpress.com/

Everyone take good care of yourselves, ... and keep shooting!
Michael Brown

And it looks good. I really like it.
Would the stamen no longer have looked this fresh if you had waited for the rose to open?

The colours look so good together. It is a very beautiful red!

And it looks good. I really like it.
Would the stamen no longer have looked this fresh if you had waited for the rose to open?

The colours look so good together. It is a very beautiful red!

Thanks guys,

It really would not look as fresh, as the heads of the stamens would more than likely start to burst open just a bit at the edges, thus releasing some of that pollen.
As you see here, this stamen has virtually been wrapped up by the surrounding petals for weeks, and it has only been moments since being exposed to the open light.

Thanks again,
Mike

Looks good, pale yellow against the deep red, nice contrast.

Very nice indeed, it has dissapeard atm, the link is not working properly, but it stuck in my mind, and only now got round to commenting. Your site is inspirational as well, i love the abstract pics, and will probably have to try my had at getting some similar results. Keep em comming :).

tim

It seems like a lot of the pictures on your blog are little red Xs atm, are these comming back soon? and how do you want to be linked to from a non blog site?

thanks

tim

Thanks again guys!

The image here is hosted over at Photo.net. It is showing up here at the moment.
As far as the images in my journal, (blog), ... they seem to be showing up just fine at the moment.
Don't know what is going on there.

Again, ... many thanks for the kind words. Appreciate it!

Most reactions

Back