Macro shot of an ant [insect alert!]

Lyanna

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ant.sized.jpg

Ok, I just HAD to take my new macro lens with me on holiday to Greece, and this little bugger was sitting so perfectly still....I know his rear end is out of focus but hell, this was one difficult shot. Whatcha'll think?

Species by the way is Cataglyphis nodus, and we are looking at a worker here.

That is an awesome shot. Nice work!

What do I think? I think that's a super shot! At that magnification level it would be near impossible to get the whole thing in focus.

I have a macro lens that came with the camera set when my dad gave them to me. I never found it useful and has been in the box for a long time.... Now I got to get it going!!!

oh my god im amazed! that is such a good shot, never realised how big their eyes out, kinda looks like hes looking at the cmaera posing heh

what are these macro lenses? they sound expensive!

That is amazing, it's funny how you see ants everyday yet you don't think about what they really look like. That Macro lens was definetely worth getting, well done!

Wow, thanks all for your compliments! I was amazed at the level of details I could get this up close.

Psychodoughb0y, I got a macro converter, wide angle converter, telephoto converter and tube for the Canon G5 just before I went on my holiday to Greece. Cost me 175 euros in total. :D

Lyanna said:
Psychodoughb0y, I got a macro converter, wide angle converter, telephoto converter and tube for the Canon G5 just before I went on my holiday to Greece. Cost me 175 euros in total. :D

hey that sounds like a really really good deal (even though i dont know what all that stuff is, i might have a look around for a package like that. knowing my luck that was duty free eh?

thanks for letting me know, i think its a wonderful shot anyhow, inspired m,e to sit in my garden today and use up the end of a film and take photos of bumble bees as close as i could get them, cant wait till i get the film developed :)

It is very nice to hear that a shot of mine inspired you to do something with your cam :)

Macro lenses are more or less magnifying lenses: you screw them on the converter tube (in my case the tube makes my canon compatible for the macro lense) and when you set your camera to macro, you get a greater magnification. So you can get closer and have a more sharp object closer up.

Wide angle does just what it promises: it lets you photograph at a wider angle. It enables you to get more of your surroundings on the pic than you'd normally be able to with a standard lense.

Telephoto ensures that you can get objects that are far off closer to you on the photo. Tis an extension of your zoom.

I got the deal through a forum. Normally those lenses cost 140 euro's a piece (in the US they are much cheaper though, but alas, I live in the Netherlands).

ooh thanks for the information! My boyfriend works at a place that sells all sorts of camera equipment/accessories, binoculars etc and i've asked him to look out for one of these macro lenses for me, cas he'll be able to get a good discount hopfully :)

just need one that will go with my tamron lens thing tee hee :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back