Macro theme

Oh yes. Flower macros :D

147654940.jpg

Dandelion taken with the regular macro - i.e. my Sigma 70-300mm lens, pulled to between 200 and 300mm, then switched to macro

147654938.jpg

Dandelion seeds on grass blade - taken with the reversed kit lens to my camera, the Canon EFS 18-55mm 1:3.5/5.6, at about 24mm.

147654942.jpg

147654944.jpg

147654935.jpg

Closer and closer into the daisy :D

And a fun macro (with the Sigma lens in macro function):

147654937.jpg

:biggrin:

Not too sure if these belong here or in the "Creepy Crawlies" theme thread... Since about the only pics I do are macro bug shots I'll try them here, I guess.

5b564ba2.jpg

21317b04.jpg

ac5e5fcc.jpg

Might have to try some flowers this weekend.

@LaFoto: I'm not sure why but the cat nose makes me smile. Great shot! :)

Cheers,
David

Hi Everyone
I enjoyed looking at was was posted so far, such diverse subject matter, which is excellent. :hail: :hail: many of your photo's look very professional.

please feel free to comment feedback welcomed as its the only way i can improve....

PS .....I love fungi, so walking the dogs in the woods i search out different subjects.

Macro1.jpg

Macro2.jpg

Macro3.jpg

Macro4.jpg

Macro5.jpg

Macro6.jpg

Macro7.jpg

Macro8.jpg

Macro9.jpg

Macro10.jpg

A few more available if you wish to see them..

This photo feels a bit cliched to me but I was experimenting with an old SLR i found in a cupboard and took this. I think I should have bought the focus in a little bit. Not actually a macro lens though.

pins0ar.jpg

Ok so I am kind of new to this whole macro thing, but have figured out how to make my nifty little super zoom DCam do a decent macro. Here is an experimental one:

100_2075.jpg

What do yall think?

here are a couple i posted recently asking questions about. camera Nikon CP5400

dorcus titanus beetle, taiwan
dorcus1.jpg

larva of the above
larv3.jpg

beetle
troth1.jpg

Nephila sp.
npilipes3-1.jpg

Toad
toad.jpg

i plan on uprgading to a better camera because macros are teh focus of most of my picture taking.

oriecat said:
I posted this before elsewhere, but it's about the only macro I have at this time.

I don't really realize what's that. and I find the noise a bit anoying.

Now about the whole theme:

Many of those pics aren't macros. To make this clear this is the macro definition

The classical definition is photography in which the image on film or electronic sensor is as large or larger than the subject.

and many of them have real problems with the focus and the DOF.

FAV said:
Now about the whole theme:

Many of those pics aren't macros. To make this clear this is the macro definition

The classical definition is photography in which the image on film or electronic sensor is as large or larger than the subject.

and many of them have real problems with the focus and the DOF.

I dont think the majority of pictures here aren't true macro...... just a few.... and maybe some have focus issues....... but the themes threads are not for critiques....... i refer you to the welcome thread at the top of the Themes section Here.
These threads are just for people to join in with there pics whether artistic or snapshot....... critiques are kept to just the main photo galleries and the critique gallery. ;)

Here are my first Macros Using A Canon A430 no lens or anything.

Did not even see the little bugs on the petals when I took this shot.
Crop2.jpg

Crop1.jpg

Macro016.jpg

Macro053.jpg

26d87915.jpg

Also Did'nt see the spider in the picture below
IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics