Macs

Ptyler22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.harvardpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a mac, which I mostly do my pictures on and I had a problem with prints coming out looking pretty grey and un contrasted, and I thought it might be that my screen was out of calibration. So it tried to find out what I should calibrate it to but I need software to do it. Anyways I am on my pc now and I just thought huh, I wonder what they look like on here, so I went to my webshots and they do look way unsaturated and uncontrasted, not just a little, but so that my pictures look terrible. I believe my pc is calibrated. Do Macs generally make pictures much brighter and vibrant or is my screen just way out of wack? Thanks

All Macs are that way and make everything look horrible. PC is far superiour :)

~Michael~

I dunno about macs, but I have a PC that does the same thing. It makes things look much more saturated. I also noticed that there are differences on the look, mostly saturation, of images depending on what program I am using to look at them. PP seems to look correct, but Windos Picture Viewer boosts the contrast way to much...

I don't think I helped you with your qustion at all, but I thought I'd throw something else in there :p

It's complete oposite on my end. My mac (which I post with) views them fine (same as the contrast and stuff as the camera, where the PC makes my whites yellow. :S

It could also be related to the color space you are working in. Search the forums for color space and you'll find aaaaaaaaaaaaallllll kinds of info on it.

However, yes, calibrate your monitors. Go out and buy a Spyder. I'd suggest buying the most expensive one you can afford, but someone will probably yell at me for my extremely shorthanded advice. :)

i have 3 macs that i edit on, they are all fine.. just calibrate your monitor with DisplayConfigX.. its not free though... but.. there.. are.. ways...

All Macs are that way and make everything look horrible. PC is far superiour :)

~Michael~

:lmao:

http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/
I LOVE these............

Anyhoo.... yes, calibrate your monitor (for printing!)... but I also notice that browsers will display pictures differently as well. So what you see in PS may look different once it's uploaded to the web for viewing.

It could also be related to the color space you are working in. Search the forums for color space and you'll find aaaaaaaaaaaaallllll kinds of info on it.

However, yes, calibrate your monitors. Go out and buy a Spyder. I'd suggest buying the most expensive one you can afford, but someone will probably yell at me for my extremely shorthanded advice. :)

+1 :)

Moniters do not display shot as they will look in print on the screen, unless you calibrate them first. The moniter calibration software also comes with a dedector device that you place infront of your moniter - it then detects the light (colours) comming off the screen and helps you attain a point where it is showing the printed colours.
It costs, but it lets you print far more accuratly

1st thing that could potentially be the problem. Are you saving in aRGB or sRGB? Also, is the monitor's color space in either of those.

Normally you want to go with sRGB as that's the standard and unless specified, printers will use sRGB and not aRGB.

Also, how are you saving for the web, and where are you uploading your images. Some Save for Web functions tend to suck color out, and some hosters recompress your images.

Also, how are you saving for the web, and where are you uploading your images. Some Save for Web functions tend to suck color out, and some hosters recompress your images.

I had a problem with prints coming out looking pretty grey and un contrasted

My message is too short.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back