Madame Butterfly and the chinese wedding by Pascal Riben

Really wish I could view the entire image without having to scroll up and down, or without having to click a link to your site to view it.

To me it's just an OK shot. I dislike it a lot more than I like it. Conceptually it's a little strange and confusing. It doesn't really make me think deeply about it, nor are there any details that I feel are really standing out to make it an exceptional or interesting shot. I also feel that the contrast is a little too high for my personal liking. All in all, it's not the sort of shot that I would want to view more than once.

I think it is a nice street shot. Reference to Madame Butterfly certainly makes it quite poignant and thought provoking. As with Puccini, a marriage sometimes is seen as 'a convenience' but very soon becomes a drama if not a tragedy. The setting is a bit operatic too. And the hand with the flowers adds to the whole settings. It is like 'Congratulations, you have learned your lesson'. A nice storytelling philosophical image. The contract is alright to me, it adds to the story.

Really wish I could view the entire image without having to scroll up and down, or without having to click a link to your site to view it.

To me it's just an OK shot. I dislike it a lot more than I like it. Conceptually it's a little strange and confusing. It doesn't really make me think deeply about it, nor are there any details that I feel are really standing out to make it an exceptional or interesting shot. I also feel that the contrast is a little too high for my personal liking. All in all, it's not the sort of shot that I would want to view more than once.

Many thanks for your comment DanOstergren :) Sorry you don't like this picture... I understand you wouldn't want to view more than once but maybe you should: sometimes you must see or listen the things more than one time to love them. Do you know for example that Woody Allen needed to see three times 2001 a space odyssey before to love it? Of course, I'm not Kubrick :roll:

The contrast it's ok for me. At least on my screen. Contrast depends of so many things: screen, light around, mood...

Thanks again for taking time to post a comment on my strange photo!

I think it is a nice street shot. Reference to Madame Butterfly certainly makes it quite poignant and thought provoking. As with Puccini, a marriage sometimes is seen as 'a convenience' but very soon becomes a drama if not a tragedy. The setting is a bit operatic too. And the hand with the flowers adds to the whole settings. It is like 'Congratulations, you have learned your lesson'. A nice storytelling philosophical image. The contract is alright to me, it adds to the story.

Many thanks for your kind comment sashbar! I have seen your signing, do you know HCB was born on August 22?

Many thanks for your comment DanOstergren :) Sorry you don't like this picture... I understand you wouldn't want to view more than once but maybe you should: sometimes you must see or listen the things more than one time to love them. Do you know for example that Woody Allen needed to see three times 2001 a space odyssey before to love it? Of course, I'm not Kubrick :roll:

The contrast it's ok for me. At least on my screen. Contrast depends of so many things: screen, light around, mood...

Thanks again for taking time to post a comment on my strange photo!
Sorry for the harsh feedback. I should perhaps eat a sandwich or take a nap sometimes before logging into the internets.

Sorry for the harsh feedback. I should perhaps eat a sandwich or take a nap sometimes before logging into the internets.

Thanks again for commenting. No problem for me: as long as you show your job, you must be ready to accept all feedbacks, not only the good ones.

Most reactions

Back