Made a new website

I am required to use IE on my work computer. The fact that it insults me when I try to visit your page = epic fail.

I checked out the website on browsershots.org (I'm using linux, no IE here). I don't know that it 'insults' anyone, but you should consider migrating to a platform that supports IE. You want your product to be available in as many venues and as many places and as many options as possible. What about little old grandma who wants to book you for her sons T-Ball game but can't figure out the internets on her computer box? Or the high school coach who is using an ancient leftover school computer with IE? Lots of schools, businesses, and the like are going to 'thin clients' to save money, sometimes in these setups, the end user cannot install software, they can only use pre-installed software on the 'main' machine. Many businesses also REQUIRE IE because they custom-build it to be as secure as possible in their scenario.

I hate IE as much as the next guy, but it just doesn't make sense not to have your website be usable on every single platform possible. Whether it's me on Chromium and Ubuntu Linux, or someone else on Safari and OSX, or still someone else on Windows and IE! There are lots of other web platforms out there that look just like yours that support IE.

Just food for thought. You've got great ambition, I think it's great you are working hard at this at a young age, but ask the's pro's around here, they'll tell you it's as much (or more) business than it is photography, and having your website (aka your current #1 marketing and client contact tool) available EVERYWHERE is important.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back