TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.petecrawford.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone!

Thought I'd take advantage of Adobe portfolio being included in their photography plan after recently being asked if I had a website. I just intend to use it as a single point where I can show off my images, for those occasions where someone asks or a freind asks me to show an image. It took me a while to get my head around how to use their template system and I don't like the landing page, seems more suited to people who work on individual projects and whose photography can be split into themes. I'd have preferred just straight into a single page gallery. Any feedback would be welcome.

Faodail Photography

Last edited:
While the templates aren't the most elegant, it's simple and functional,which is important. The one thing I did notice is that your home page image seemed to take a LONG time (>20 seconds) to resolve fully, which indicates the file size might be too large.

Some lovely landscapes, Pete. Possibly do a proofread on the text on that page. Page loaded rapidly
On iPhone, contrast/brightness looks good.

Looks simple but good. Everything loaded fast for me. Didn't realise this was included with the photography package. Might make use of it to display my better work. Is it limited features with the photography package?

Looks nice, works well. Accomplishes the stated purpose perfectly. Terrific images.

I think you might be able to remove the landing page, or edit that page to be a single gallery page... maybe? I played around with Portfolio to make the same type of site and found most of the templates weren't for me. But I ended up with something very similar to yours and I'm happy with it.

When I use to have the old Adobe deal I used the Portfolio too, like you I had the black BG too. Since I have now dropped the deal I tend to use my Google Blogger to show the better images of the singers I take.

While the templates aren't the most elegant, it's simple and functional,which is important. The one thing I did notice is that your home page image seemed to take a LONG time (>20 seconds) to resolve fully, which indicates the file size might be too large.

Thanks mate, I did export the images 1440 wide so it may be the landing page images are too large, I'll look into it and see if there's an option to set the size of the thumbnails. I argree totally with the templates being a bit clunky, but for a free webpage I'll live with that just now. Maybe in the future I can taylor the content a bit to get it a bit more professional. It might spur me on a bit to think of a shoot as sets and come up with a few series for locations I've been in. Something to explore certainly I think. Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!

Some lovely landscapes, Pete. Possibly do a proofread on the text on that page. Page loaded rapidly
On iPhone, contrast/brightness looks good.

Thanks mate, I did try and keep it to my stronger ones, without duplication (bar one, I couldn't resist keeping funny uncle Dave in one shot). It was acutally really good to go through my shots and I'm really pleasantly suprised about how far I've come in my own eyes and what I was trying to show back when I started vs what I can produce now. I've never been good at spelling so thanks for the heads up, I'll check and adjust. The feedback is much appreciated!

Looks simple but good. Everything loaded fast for me. Didn't realise this was included with the photography package. Might make use of it to display my better work. Is it limited features with the photography package?

Thanks mate. Yeah, apparently portfolio has been included for a couple of years and I never noticed it either. Limited features as far as templates go (afaik you can only use the templates so some customisation options are limited) and domain names but you can customise the content so shoehorn a few things with default options. But it's essentailly free if you have the photography plan anyway ;). Much appreciated for the feedback!

Last edited:
Looks nice, works well. Accomplishes the stated purpose perfectly. Terrific images.

I think you might be able to remove the landing page, or edit that page to be a single gallery page... maybe? I played around with Portfolio to make the same type of site and found most of the templates weren't for me. But I ended up with something very similar to yours and I'm happy with it.

Thanks mate, I'll look into it a bit further as time allows. I agree about the templates, hard to get ideal with any template though! Any chance on a link to your page? It would be good go see it. I appreciate the feedback!

When I use to have the old Adobe deal I used the Portfolio too, like you I had the black BG too. Since I have now dropped the deal I tend to use my Google Blogger to show the better images of the singers I take.

Thanks mate, I do tend towards dark backgrounds anyway but find that the luminocity always looks better on grey or black. Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks mate, I'll look into it a bit further as time allows. I agree about the templates, hard to get ideal with any template though! Any chance on a link to your page? It would be good go see it. I appreciate the feedback!

Here's my site, thanks for asking. I think we may have used the same template! There are many changes that can be made to the templates, just another learning curve. I bought my own domain name, not that it really matters.
Zac Ludwig

Looks good Zac! It's given me a few ideas, I particularly like how you've showcased some larger images with a photo grid below in your gallery, I think that works really well. I felt the same about the templates, went through a few iterations before ending up with that one. A domain name may be something I'll look into, for just now I'm not certain of the name. Been agonising for days over that too, ended up with Faodail (Scottish Gaelic for a lucky find). Almost called it Udal Cuain (meaning to be tossed around by the sea) but I felt that was getting a bit long. I know it doesn't matter a huge deal as it's not like I'm trying to run a buisness but I'd still like it to be as good as I can get it.

I like Faodail. It's a good looking word.

I like Faodail. It's a good looking word.

Thanks, I wasn't sure how it would go down, especially with people not used to seeing gealic names. I'm not even a gaelic speaker myself, but a lot of the places I like photographing have their roots in the language and there is still gaelic spoken in a lot of these places so it kinda fits I think.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back