Magazines

keedokes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.xanga.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
If you were to recommend a photography magazine for a relative beginner that shoots mostly film, which would it be? I was looking into Popular Photography but before taking out a subscription wanted to know what you all think.

Thanks.

I have glanced at a couple at news stands, only to find they are mostly catalogs for digital stuff with few articles. In all fairness to this site, if you PM me, I will give you some sites that are only for analog camera's that have tons of info. ( without the cost of a subscription )

I've found most photo mags to be filled with way too much advertising...Pop Photo especially. There is still good info but as the industry is mostly digital now...most of the stuff pertains to newer digital issues.

You a probably better off with a more dedicated magazine. If you like outdoors, then get an outdoor photography mag etc.

For some good reading material, check out your local library.

The ones like Pop Photo are boringly digitial (slave to their advertisers). I can't think of the last time I found one of them entertaining.

Try here for starters. It's only published quarterly, but it's completely analog, so the advertisers are actually helpful, too. :)

You'll probably have better luck with online publications.

I read the blurb about Alex Hawley in the web spotlight section and was suitably impressed. It's nice to see someone doing that kind of work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back