Magenta Shift / Expired Velvia Transparency Film

Understand using the gray portion of the clouds, but what IF the image has no or very little gray present... i.e. ... green foliage, blue sky, blue/green water etc etc ??
If the whole roll has the same kind of magenta color shift issue, you may be able to just white balance one image, and then apply it to all. That's why I suggest shooting one frame with a white balance card in it.

I tried the white balance eyedropper tool, but wasn't happy with the way it so drastically color shifted the entire image. Here's what I tried instead:

Thanks ! A custom made tutorial... what more could one ask for ?.... Sadly I don't think Aperture has the same color by color sliders.... but since Aperture is soon to be "retired" by Apple I may be migrating back to Lightroom et al...and I think the idea of shooting a gray card is a good idea... especially when I will be dealing with 32 exposures on a 220 roll...

Much appreciated...

after looking more closely I did find the color sliders under of all things COLOR.... this is what the screenshot looks like ...
Screen Shot 2015-02-18 at 4.17.38 PM.png

Most reactions

Back