Magnolia Bush

bburton

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
brucemburton.blogspot.com
A bush alive with Magnolia blossoms warms the heart on a chilly winter day.

7206-MagnoliaBush.jpg

Awww, it warms my heart, too. Magnolia blossoms are still many months away from us. Magnolia trees are among the most beautiful trees I can think of when they bloom. Good focus, nicely crisp blossom in the foreground. Reminds me of one of my very first photos taken when my SLR was brand-new back in 1998 - that one is a mangnolia blossom, too, and is one of my own all-time favourites. ;) Do you want me to share? I might show you...

LaFoto said:
Reminds me of one of my very first photos taken when my SLR was brand-new back in 1998 - that one is a mangnolia blossom, too, and is one of my own all-time favourites. ;) Do you want me to share? I might show you...
Please do. I never mind people posting similar pictures in a thread I've initiated. We all learn more thereby, I believe. :D

Thank you :goodvibe:!!!
Like I was saying, I took this one when the first SLR I ever owned (had by then taken photos with my husband's ancient old SLR) had only just come into my life in spring of 1999. I doubt I'll be able to capture another magnolia blossom this good ever again (it is on my wall in 30 x 45 cm :oops: ). Here you are:

128892597.jpg
128918808.jpg

(Scan from print with my old scanner --- cough-cough... looks like this is a good time to rescan it :blushing: )

Edit: Re-scan added --- and only now do I realise how much my new scanner that I have always taken for "the better scanner" softens my prints in the scanning process :shock: )

those are both fantastic images! very pretty... Corinna, i would think neatimage would clean that right up...

Let me try the re-scan with my new scanner first... (the print is pin-sharp, I can tell from the enlargement).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back