Maiden's Tower sunset

Thanks for the comment, Captain. Do you think this image is perhaps a tad too wide? Would a tighter shot of the tower with the mosques in the background be a better choice?

I like the width. Plenty of sky to show. Nice capture.

As much as I detest HDR. I would like to see the detail of the tower here.

I like the width too. I wouldn't wanna be without that splotch of white on the right. It adds some nice contrast.

I agree with the others - the width makes the shot and really lets that colourfuly sky be part of the photo and not just a background (which it would be if you cropped closer to the tower). Opposite to the others I wonder if making the tower darker to a full silhouette would make the photo more striking still.

They are different photos - the first one has a dreamy style to it with the sky dominating the scene; whilst in the second photo the tower is more dominant as the primary subject and with the contrast weaker in the sky the colour of the tower stands out more.

They are both great shots and each different and special in its own way

Ya, not enough foreground in that second one for me.

Though, you could cut/layer/scale the tower from this image into the other one for a nice composite.

Thanks for the comment, Captain. Do you think this image is perhaps a tad too wide? Would a tighter shot of the tower with the mosques in the background be a better choice?

Not too wide, the building is nicely isolated, a tighter crop would likely take away from the image in my opinion.

Most reactions

Back