Maisy's 1st BW landscape

ksmattfish

Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still
Reaction score
Website
www.henrypeach.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This photo was taken by my 3 year old daughter. It's her very first attempt at landscape photography. We were walking in a local wetlands area, and as we went down the trail she commented about this area. When we were on our way back she asked to see the camera so that she could take a photo here. I set the exposure, developed the film, and scanned the neg, but the composition is her's.

camera: Widelux F6
film: Arista Pro 125 (FP4)
scanned from neg

mjnlandscape.jpg

Go, Maisy, go!!! :thumbup: :lol:

And what self-critique did Maisy have for her first landscape? Did it turn out like she wanted it? :)

terri said:
And what self-critique did Maisy have for her first landscape? Did it turn out like she wanted it? :)

Well, she definately prefers digital, so she can see the photo right away. This was taken about 4 weeks ago, and when I asked her if she remembered taking it she said, "That picture is all crazy!".

ksmattfish said:
Well, she definately prefers digital, so she can see the photo right away. This was taken about 4 weeks ago, and when I asked her if she remembered taking it she said, "That picture is all crazy!".
As good as some of the critiques we give each other around here. :biglaugh:

Next time get into the darkroom quicker, Dad. I blame you for her discontent. :whip:

:lol: I think she did great!

terri said:
Next time get into the darkroom quicker, Dad. I blame you for her discontent. :whip:

I actually developed the film on the same day, because I was so excited. But my scanner was acting up, and I just got the problem figured out. :)

But I like her critique!
I like her photo, too!
But to say that "this is all crazy", so many plants, such a variety, diversity, lines, light, shadow -- she says it well. And it does not say that this "crazy-ness" is a BAD thing. Which I don't think it is :).

And I admire all you dads (and moms) who hand their equipment to their children, teaching them the basics of photography from very early on. I have always been to fearful... maybe I should have given my two a camera a lot earlier. Missed chance.

That is just so good for a 3yr. old, and pretty darn good for an adult. I am floored :shock:, may have to hang up my camera

LaFoto said:
And I admire all you dads (and moms) who hand their equipment to their children, teaching them the basics of photography from very early on. I have always been to fearful...

The widelux is an all metal beast, and we were on soft ground, so I wasn't very fearful. When handing a camera to a child I always put the strap around their neck before I let go. Usually, depending on their height, I also tie a kot in the camera strap so that it won't hang too low.

I have been trying to get Maisy to use the digital point-n-shoot I bought for my wife a while back. I thought it's small size, the LCD on the back that shows what the lens is looking at all the time, the instant feedback, etc... would be just the ticket for a little kid.

The big problem has been that she gets her hands all over the front of the camera when holding it: over the lens, over the viewfinder, over the little sensors (meter?), etc...

I've found that she does a lot better with the 20D. The hand grip and size keeps her hands to the side, and the lenses stick out so much she doesn't put her fingers in front of them. I tie up the camera strap, set the exposure and focus (for lots of DOF), and she does the rest. I'll post a pic she took of me the other day soon.

Your daughter has talent .... She's got a good eye ... but then children seem to not have the fear of being criticised. My lad loves his Canon EOS 500 and he's 7 .... Quote "Dad can I take MY camera?" ... to almost everything or every event !

Well done Maisy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back