make people look taller

tobykreit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i need to take some pictures for a co-worker who is short and i need to make her look taller. the obvious is to shoot up but i was wondering if there where any other tips for gaoing about doing this

thanks

put her next to items that are smaller than they should be

for example standing in a small door way will make her look bigger. Have her next to even smaller people.
Thats all i can think of and of course like you said low angle

Or shoot her with a wide angle while she lies down (say in the grass or on a sofa).

M.

Philip Weir said:
Unless you were told, you wouldn't know how tall Tom Cruise was. They always have shorter co-stars with him.

Good point. Its the same way with Vin Diesel. You never even notice that he's wearing 4" heels on his shoes until someone points it out.

So wait... how tall are Tom Cruise and Vin Diesel???

Haha ... thank you but just for the record... I was joking. I don't care about either of those guys.

<hides his Top Gun t-shirt>

Reverend said:
Rumor has it that both are about 5'7" - 5'9"

I'm new, so I hope it's okay to jump right in, just wanted to throw out a little warning about shooting her from below, unless you really know how to pose her, it will usually add weight. She'd probably rather look short than fat ;)

Hey Nicole... welcome to the Forum and yes it's ok to jump right in. :D

This is a great point. You might want to consider adjusting the environment like others suggested before you consider adjusting the angle. I always try to keep the camera eye level or higher when shooting a person.

Most reactions

Back