Fiji-Fujii

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
fiji-fujii.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, guys and ladies! :)

So, there's this opinion I have when it comes to vibrant/"crazy" eye make-up. I just wanted to know what you guys and ladies - probably mostly ladies tho, Idk? - think of that.

I used to have oval, frameless glasses, a generally thin and therefore pretty unremarkable (depending on your taste, I guess) model, but now I have these rectangular-shaped glasses with thick frames that are, like, really noticable. One of the reasons I chose this model, apart from the obvious change it makes to my face, is that I think I can get away with crazy eye-make up more easily now.

Here's a set of pics I shot (with my small digicam, not the one I use for my good pics) that shows the difference I think it makes with and without glasses:
make-up-differences.jpg

Because of the thick frames, I think I can do my eyes really vibrantly and strikingly without them looking overdone. Whereas, without glasses, it looks like it's just too much. Yet, my friends tell me that my eyeshape is doing well with heavier make-up in general. Not sure tho.

Idk, what do you guys think? Yay or nay?

xoxo, Feej

The eye makeup looks pretty cool, but was the last photo processed differently [read: better] than the rest?

From the perspective of a guy, who, for his sins has photographed many "aspiring" young female models and had WAY more exposure to the concept of eye makeup then he needed, I would say that the glasses and make-up work very well together. I certainly wouldn't think of it as 'wild' or 'extreme', but I think the design of the glasses provides a frame and the look is a good one.

Ok, well purple really isn't my color. Pink makes my eyes pop a whole lot more. Plus, I like a little glitter. I figure if I'm going total glam, might as well pull out all the stops.

Could just be me. Lol

also ladies: men hate fake eyelashes--we're not impressed.

@Braineack: Thank you, I've been practicing for a while now and I think I'm finally getting the hang of it. :D As for the processing, yeah, I have this filter on the digicam I used here (Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W830), the "Soft Skin Effect". I'm not exactly sure what happened there on the last pic, I didn't put off the filter but it looks like it has been. Weird.
(P.S.: And personally, I think it's fun playing with fake lashes, haha! There's also something I feel like clearing up at this point: I'm one of the women who don't cake their faces with make-up just to impress men. In fact, that's the least thing I wanna do. After all, I don't want a man to be interested in me just for my looks, which, in case of make-up use, are enhanced and "fake" in a way anyways. I'm doing make-up because I enjoy it myself, and I love to play around with it. ;) Might be related to my passion for drawing and painting. My face is just another canvas, basically.)

@tirediron: Haha, thank you! And well, for my standards, this kind of make-up for the eyes is "pretty heavy", especially considering that sometimes I go to work with it. (Minus the faux lashes, those are very hard to apply for me.) I usually just go with black eyeliner and white kajal, I enjoy a sort of relatively simple 50's-inspired look on my eyes when I go out but every now and then, I feel like going a bit more "crazy". :) However, I'd feel uncomfortable wearing that without my glasses, funnily enough. The glasses really make the difference for me.

@robbins.photo: Purple is one of my favourite colours, haha! I even have it in my last name, the Kanji of Fujii (藤井) translate to "purple well", or so I've been told, haha! I like to wear it a lot, but I also enjoy various shades of green and blue. I have tried out colour combinations before, I'll post some pics of my practicing below. But I usually stick with various shades of just one colour.

It's Cold Outside 3.jpg Nebula-inspired Eyes.jpg DSC02244-wtrmrkd.png

@Braineack: Thank you, I've been practicing for a while now and I think I'm finally getting the hang of it. :D As for the processing, yeah, I have this filter on the digicam I used here (Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W830), the "Soft Skin Effect". I'm not exactly sure what happened there on the last pic, I didn't put off the filter but it looks like it has been. Weird.

It's better off. I suggest never using that "feature" again.

the eyelash comment came after going to a wedding this weekend. So many women were wearing them and it's very off-putting in some cases--especially when they are caked in black goo.

I like the eye makeup with the glasses. Makes your eyes stand out nicely.

It's better off. I suggest never using that "feature" again.

the eyelash comment came after going to a wedding this weekend. So many women were wearing them and it's very off-putting in some cases--especially when they are caked in black goo.
Haha, okay! It's been on automatically since I bought the cam, I don't think it's that bad of a feature but yeah, here it def. looks like I smoothed the skin by just blurring it in PS.

And yeah, putting on false lashes is a real challenge and there are many women who don't know how to do it properly. It can look off-putting if you do it incorrectly. I could be getting into explaining how it works best, but I don't think you'd be very interested in that, haha!

@medic2230: Thank you, Sir. :) That's what I was trying to do. And it's also why I love these new glasses!

Wellllll, one way you look like you are set for a night out, the other that you are back in your librarian disguise waiting for another arch-criminal to show up. :)

I like it! looks good on you.

False eyelashes are a PITA. But I've always liked playing with eyeshadow, just don't actually wear it day to day. For some reason this got me thinking that I remember the first eyeshadow and lipstick I ever had, turquoise and green Maybelline - the lipstick too. Good thing I outgrew that.

In high school I worked on stage crews and our school always did an annual childrens' play. The year I got to do makeup it was Bugs, that was some crazy makeup and so much fun to do.

Anyway those frames work well I think, I like them.

Thank you very much! :D Glad you think so!

False eyelashes are a PITA.
I know, right? It's really hard, and it takes AGES too, for me to apply them decently. I remember my very first attempts and my eyes just started tearing up every time, it was so messy, haha! I know a lot of women who don't apply them for this exact reason, although it is just a matter of patience, practice and getting used to IMO. Though, as @Braineack pointed out before, there are women who apply them anyways, even if they don't know how to do it right. The same goes for other make-up (eye shadow, liner, blush etc.) as well. You gotta know what looks good on your face. Like, I never really use blush because it makes my face look weird, so I'd rather avoid it or use such a tiny amount that people don't even notice.

[...] turquoise and green Maybelline - the lipstick too. Good thing I outgrew that.
Haha, oh my God, I remember those crazy coloured lipsticks! Weren't they really big back in the 90's? I used to have an azure one and a lilac one, and they both made me look like a water corpse, haha!

In high school I worked on stage crews and our school always did an annual childrens' play. The year I got to do makeup it was Bugs, that was some crazy makeup and so much fun to do.
That is so cool! Funnily enough, I didn't touch make-up until I was out of high school. I used to dress like a dude until I met my best friend, she brought the femininity out in me, haha! And now I can't get enough of make-up and other girly things. (It does help that I work at a Claire's accessory shop, too.)

@robbins.photo: Purple is one of my favourite colours, haha! I even have it in my last name, the Kanji of Fujii (藤井) translate to "purple well", or so I've been told, haha! I like to wear it a lot, but I also enjoy various shades of green and blue. I have tried out colour combinations before, I'll post some pics of my practicing below. But I usually stick with various shades of just one colour.

Well I've always been more of a summer than a winter really, and if I wear purple people often confuse me for Prince.

Ok, no not really. I can't really back that up.. lol

Well I've always been more of a summer than a winter really, and if I wear purple people often confuse me for Prince.

Ok, no not really. I can't really back that up.. lol
Now, that makes me curious tho. :D Love to see some pics!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back