MAKE-UP!!!!!!

Moose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hehe.

I was working on some of my portraits last night and could notice a shine on the skin on the model I shot. Now I know and have gotten rid of this in PS, but was wondering if anyone her actually uses Make-up or more specifically loose powder.

If so, can you recommend any type or application techniques.

I SWEAR this is for my photo's and not my own internal interests :lmao:

Cheers
Moose

From what I have read 'Translucent Matte Powder' does the job. Do I know what that is? Nope. But I am certain your local drug store or make up place will :)

Peanuts said:
From what I have read 'Translucent Matte Powder' does the job. Do I know what that is? Nope. But I am certain your local drug store or make up place will :)

I would think any translucent powder would do. I know a popular loose powder I sold when I worked at Walgreens was Coty Airspun.

yep, any type of face powder would work.... be it loose powder or pressed powder... translucent would be your best bet for working on different skin shades.... there is also 'blotting paper' which works too. x

I would deffinatly recomend the Strips of paper with a light dust on powder on them. They're really cheap and don't ruins the models make up. I'm assuming that's what jenny means as blotting paper because i can't for the life of me remember what they're called.

And of course you need one of those BIIIIG puffy (poofy?) brushes to apply it, Moose....

Puffy is good :)

My partners sister works at a cosmetics place, so Ill ask her to get me some stuff. Thanks for all the advice.

Moose

Most reactions

New Topics

Back