Making an Impression - Artsy Impressionistic Experimental Photos Thread

This was a straight shot of two irises against some trees from about a week ago. I played with the image in Photos on my iPhone 7+ last night.

View attachment 153429
This was a straight shot of two irises against some trees from about a week ago. I played with the image in Photos on my iPhone 7+ last night.

View attachment 153429

Irises are my favorite. Where did you find them at this time of year?
We are lucky enough to spend the winters in Los Angeles. Almost every day is tee-shirt weather, and the roses are in bloom. Here's the original of the iris shot,

Attachments

• DSC_0090.jpeg
    DSC_0090.jpeg
    55.4 KB · Views: 110
For this week's challenge, let's get out our imaginations and create some Impressionist art. There are a lot of different techniques to create Impressionist style photos. In camera options include ICM (intentional camera movement), double exposure, zooming, selective focus, long exposure and focusing or shooting through. Alternatively, you can use post processing filters and adjustments to achieve similar results.

View attachment 153386

Love this one.
It's like an O'Keefe without the "O"

I was hoping to redo this process with a new photograph and throw it up for the challenge, but I simply haven't had the time. I feel it would be a waste not to put the original here though.

2 years ago I had an assignment to make a piece of art (any medium) which emulated an art style. I went with impressionism and painted over one of my favourite photographs in photoshop, which I had never used but knew I would need to become familiar with. I wound up doing two versions.

This challenge has at least gotten me thinking about revisiting the process, as I have plenty of photographs which would be appropriate.

I think that was a fun week of experiments and great images! Because we really don't have any forums or threads with this particular theme, I'm going to amend the title on this one to make it a permanent photo theme. Please continue to post your artsy, impressionistic (kind of), experimental photos here!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back