Making lemonade...

GeorgiaOwl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all!
My name is Jeff, but my friends call me Owl. Long story short, I was hooked on this internet thing back in '98 and sat up many nights until the wee hours posting on fishing forums....nightowl was shortened to "owl" and here we are looking at each other today. :eyebrows:

There's nothing quite like a slap in the face to get you going in the right direction, is there? After losing my job in management in the housing industry I've spent the last 3 months sending out resume after resume after resume and I've had exactly one interview....and the company that offered the interview politely said at the end of it that they weren't hiring right now. :confused:

I've been looking at the site here, and poking around some of the threads where people ask for their photos to be torn to shreds and set on fire. LOL
My photo's don't even come close to most of the work put up here, but it's not like i'm really doing much else right now - so.....I've decided( like a million people before me) that I'm going to start having some of my work printed and try to make some money. Unemployment( which is about 1/10th what I was making when actually working :( ) will run out in a couple of months at which point I'll be working at the burger shack and probably have plenty of time to shoot photos during the day.
Oh, man I think I just threw up a li...oh nevermind.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and let you guys know that I'm probably going to be bothering everyone with stupid questions. I do know how to use the search button, but I can come up with stupid questions never before imagined - you just wait and see. I'll also be posting up some of my first pictures that I took over the last few days - my first photos that I took with the intent to have something worth selling. I went to the GSMNP and took 448 pics. I think I got about a dozen good ones out of all of that. Is that normal?

Well, I've rambled on long enough.

owl

If life deals you lemons, grab some salt and tequila and throw a party. What's this lemonade business!

Welcome and enjoy your stay.

Pretty good analogy for unemployment honestly. making lemonade. Kudos and good luck in photography and job hunt.

You know what they say, "When life gives you lemons, Shut Up and eat the damn lemons!" :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back