Making money with your photographs.

My main concern is providing for my family .... therefore the day job!
I enjoy photography too much to turn it into a job.
When I go for the day to shoot, it is a relaxing day and I feel rejuvenated afterwards. I can therefore go back to "work" and hopefully be more successful so that early retirement can happen .... that is when I hope to become truly "Bohemian" ... lifestyle not locale! :)

Well, to be honest, I'm not sure that I would love taking photos as my main job, even if it gave me enough money to survive. At the moment, I don't sell my photographs. I do a favour for neighbours every now and then, but nothing else, and to be honest, I'm fine the way that is. Some day I might take my best photos to a gallery and see if they're interested, but I'm not sure I know what to do, how to do it etc. Oh well. Back to weeding gardens it is. :lol:

Like Joves, I'd like to sell my photos as postcards, but I'm having trouble finding postcard companies (I live in South Africa). I'm still in high school, so I don't worry about work, just my lack of money for photography equipment.

Print them yourself. Standard glossy photo paper and a can of clear lacquer spray paint.

Print the back first and then the front then spray the front with the clear coat. You can easily get two out of an 8x10 sheet.

If someone would want to buy my pics, I will sell them but only as a hobby. I don't think it would be a business for me since it may take out the fun in doing it as you have to think of the business side too.

As for being financially independent, oh well... it might never happen.

Print them yourself. Standard glossy photo paper and a can of clear lacquer spray paint.

Print the back first and then the front then spray the front with the clear coat. You can easily get two out of an 8x10 sheet.

I'd do that, but it gets expensive.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back