bridge7a.jpg

bridge9.jpg

bridge8.jpg

cheers! :D

Oh, I really, really like Photo 4 here!
Is it your violin?
You play it?

Thank you for your comments :D

It's actually a cello. I did wonder whether it could also be seen to be a violin but wasn't really sure what I was talking about perspectivewise! :roll:

There's also only one cello, despite the fact the colours are different in almost every one :mrgreen:

Yes, it is mine :mrgreen:
No, I can't play it any more :roll: :blushing:

You've got some good angles there! Why ISO 400 with a tripod?? I think they'd work well in B&W with a bit more contrast as well - instruments always look good in B&W!

Rob

Rob said:
You've got some good angles there! Why ISO 400 with a tripod?? I think they'd work well in B&W with a bit more contrast as well - instruments always look good in B&W!

Rob

Ahhh is ISO 400 with a tripod bad?!
I don't have an SLR, only a compact (digital) and indoors it tends to get blurry.
Am I missing the point? :blushing:

Please feel free to B&W and change the contrast :D

Raindrops said:
Ahhh is ISO 400 with a tripod bad?!
I don't have an SLR, only a compact (digital) and indoors it tends to get blurry.
Am I missing the point? :blushing:

Please feel free to B&W and change the contrast :D

ISO should (theoretically) only be pushed up for two reasons: 1) It's too dark to hand-hold. 2) You want a grainy effect.

If you are using a tripod, then as long as the exposure is within your camera's capabilities, then put the ISO as low as possible (assuming you don't want the grain). Also, perhaps try using more lights and reflectors, this usually helps the exposure and focussing.

I wasn't criticising - just pointing out an option - I think your shots are strong and work well, but they look a bit "400 ISO colour", when I think you were probably aiming for a closer to reality approach?

I'll stop waffling now! :mrgreen:

Rob

Hi Rob

Thanks for your reply ... and I promise it wasn't taken as criticism! I'm very grateful for the pointers!

Loving the black and white one too ... alters the feel of the image altogether.

I appreciate your input. Thanks :D

I love violin/...i love musical instruments....

picture no.: 4 is best picture..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back