making some money on the side?

StreetShark

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
We'll I'm having trouble finding a part time job and I would kind of like a little money. I was thinking about maybe selling prints and possibly even post cards around town. The only questions I have are, How would I go about asking a business owner if I could sell my prints in their store? And also where could I sell them? What type of stores would be more interested? Also what size should I make the prints and what price should I sell them for?

Just ask - take your samples along (dress photographer-y: casual, but well put together) and talk to owner in person or mail some samples to the owner with a letter on your professional letterhead (call and get the owner's name beforehand). The worst they can say is no, right? I think small independent stores are much more likely to be able to say yes on the spot.

Touristy stores.
Collectibles stores.
Independent upscale hardware stores (ours sells all sorts of non-hardware things).
Stationary and scrapbooking stores.
Independent drugstores (if you can find one)
Health food-ish type places that buy local.
Antiques stores, for sure.

Were I going to do this I would have a small display and cards ready made and then sell them on consignment. You are not likely to sell much if you have to have the owner spend much time on an item that will not make him/her much money. It's going to need to be painless on their part.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back