Male Bushtit

HikinMike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.imagesinthebackcountry.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went out to my backyard this afternoon specifically to capture one of the Dark-eyed Juncos that I just love. As I was sitting here, bored to tears, I saw this little gray puff-ball. I thought it was some type of Warbler at first. Cool I thought, since I have yet to capture a good Warbler too. I got a few decent shots to help me ID this guy. Come to find out this was a male Bushtit…my first. Hope to see more of him in the future!

bushtit-1.jpg

5D, 300mm f/4L IS, 1.4x II

Excellent shot! Bushtits are probably one of the most adorable animals in existence.

great shot!

at first i thought that the title was "Male Bullsh*t"

Just a little soft, but a pretty good shot..

Yep, it is. Since I didn't know what this bird was, I was at least happy to have a decent shot for ID purposes. Now that I know what it is, I hope to get another chance to get this one sharper. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Just a little soft, but a pretty good shot..

Yep, it is. Since I didn't know what this bird was, I was at least happy to have a decent shot for ID purposes. Now that I know what it is, I hope to get another chance to get this one sharper. :mrgreen:

:thumbup:

That's exactly what I do. I keep my bird photos arranged by family/genus/species. Even if it's a vague, crappy photo, I will keep it for ID until I replace it with better ones.

Well worth the wait!

great shot!

at first i thought that the title was "Male Bullsh*t"
On my life, I swear I did, too... and not just once.

Regardless, that's a terrific picture.

+3 on that one :lmao:

Awesome shot though! I think you captured it very well. It is a little soft but still overall great shot!
TJ

Most reactions

Back