male model SFW

ewick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was surprised when this guy asked me if I would shoot him since I mostly shoot girls, but it turned out great and we got IMO some good stuff. So here I am to share and get your thoughts on this photo. I'm sure some might not like the text but its all advertisement to get more followers.

9492999532_6bab6d595d_z.jpg
[/URL] Richy798 copy by EricJimenezPhoto, on Flickr[/IMG]

Nicely done! I'd like to see the fill dialed down just a hair and diffused more, and maybe just a bit less shadow on the face, but those are minor nits.

I'd add a tad more light on the left side of his face in LR (being super picky there) but otherwise I like it. Good shot, good pose. :thumbup:

I wish the bow tie wasn't quite so obscured, because it's an awesome part of the "look", but otherwise I like this a lot. Fill this, light that, yep. But it's all minor quibbles!

Nicely done! I'd like to see the fill dialed down just a hair and diffused more, and maybe just a bit less shadow on the face, but those are minor nits.

I see what you mean. I had my OCF dialed all the way down.

I wish the bow tie wasn't quite so obscured, because it's an awesome part of the "look", but otherwise I like this a lot. Fill this, light that, yep. But it's all minor quibbles!

Yes, I saw that after the shot but I have others where it does show the bow tie.

I really like that second shot, but styling wise he should lose the shirt tied around his waist. It's distracting and gives the composition of the pose an awkward shape.

I really like that second shot, but styling wise he should lose the shirt tied around his waist. It's distracting and gives the composition of the pose an awkward shape.

I cant help what he wanted to be shot in. I can only work with what I got. I just wanted to show depth with my lighting since you seem to think all the girls in bikini I shoot seem to have flat lighting. I like to call it even lighting mr. Ostergren. every ones taste is different, but thanks for your input.

I cant help what he wanted to be shot in. I can only work with what I got. I just wanted to show depth with my lighting since you seem to think all the girls in bikini I shoot seem to have flat lighting. I like to call it even lighting mr. Ostergren. every ones taste is different, but thanks for your input.
As the photographer, you can say "this doesn't look right, I think you should remove it or at least try a few shots without it to see how it looks". The models and other members of your hypothetical team can't see what you see through the viewfinder, therefore it is up to the photographer to give direction to their models, wardrobe stylists, hair stylists and makeup artists in order to get better photos. If you don't, the photo suffers.

And since you seem to find it relevant to bring up past critiques I've given to you in other threads for the purpose of discrediting them, I will point out that I am not the only one who mentioned that the lighting was flat in the bikini shots you posted. Not once however did I mention flat lighting in this thread, so it's absurd to me that you would feel the need to even bring it up here in response to a styling edit that I suggested. If you are taking my critiques personally, that's on you so I am not sorry. I couldn't give a damn if you don't like what I have to say even if I tried. If you don't like feedback, don't post your photos.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back