Male Vermilion Flycatcher

4huskers

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
94BB60A8-ADE0-4503-8B44-278A3CCC4725.jpeg

Beautiful bird and nice composition but it is soft. Is is a big crop? This can be caused by compression too when uploading to the Forum. There can be a quite distinct loss of quality at times for some reason.

Last edited:
I had to crop it alot.

Last edited:
Nice shot! Do you have any of the Topaz tools? I find that Gigapixel AI does a very good job of retaining quality when cropping, although more so when working with a raw image, but it's pretty good with jpegs as well. Very pretty bird. Haven't seen them here in N Texas.

Nice shot! Do you have any of the Topaz tools? I find that Gigapixel AI does a very good job of retaining quality when cropping, although more so when working with a raw image, but it's pretty good with jpegs as well. Very pretty bird. Haven't seen them here in N Texas.
I took the photo at Choke Canyon State Park. That trip was my first foray in birding. I‘ve downloaded the Topaz AI trial version to try.

I took the photo at Choke Canyon State Park. That trip was my first foray in birding. I‘ve downloaded the Topaz AI trial version to try.
They are good tools, but the trial version leaves an ugly watermark right smack in the middle of the photo. I use DeNoise, Sharpen, and Gigapixel. You need a beefy CPU and beefy discrete GPU, otherwise the process is as slow as molasses in Winter up North.

Most reactions

Back