TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mersad-photography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My little Beni... :D

img9178kl.jpg

The focus seems to be on the nose. The first thing we look at in a photo of a person or animal is the eyes. If they aren't sharp and well lit, it can make the entire portrait fail. For this particular shot, the eyes look a bit soft and a bit dull. The overall photo is lacking in contrast and it just seems a bit flat. Nice looking dog, though.

The focus seems to be on the nose. The first thing we look at in a photo of a person or animal is the eyes. If they aren't sharp and well lit, it can make the entire portrait fail. For this particular shot, the eyes look a bit soft and a bit dull. The overall photo is lacking in contrast and it just seems a bit flat. Nice looking dog, though.
Actually the focus IS on the eyes and mouth (since they are on the same level). Take a better look at them. The nose is actually very blurry. I don't know how you see sharpness there, actually.

The focus IS on the nose.

By which I mean the focus of the composition of the photo, rather than the focus of the camera lens (which is clearly not on the nose since its all blurry, but instead is in on the eyes). The eyes are in focus, but the composition and angle of the photo means that the eyes are being hidden from view. Behind a larger blurred nose and the white fur from around the dogs nose. The result is that we can't engage with the eyes since they are not clear to be seen and when we do find them they appear to be at odd angles or focused away from the viewer (not an essential part, but good to have in a portrait such as this).

The focus IS on the nose.

By which I mean the focus of the composition of the photo, rather than the focus of the camera lens (which is clearly not on the nose since its all blurry, but instead is in on the eyes). The eyes are in focus, but the composition and angle of the photo means that the eyes are being hidden from view. Behind a larger blurred nose and the white fur from around the dogs nose. The result is that we can't engage with the eyes since they are not clear to be seen and when we do find them they appear to be at odd angles or focused away from the viewer (not an essential part, but good to have in a portrait such as this).
Gotcha now! Thanks for your input!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back