Mamiya 6

filmy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Anyone using Mamiya 6 ? I am thinking of buying one, if you are using one or have used one it would be helpful to know ur personal experience.

Personally I'd rather have an R67B or RZ67. Available used for less money and they give you a larger negative and the ability to focus at practically any distance due to the built-in bellows. I'm not familiar with the 6. Maybe someone who is can make a case for why it would be better for you.

I think the Mamiya 6 and 7 can actually be handheld, unlike the RZs and RBs.

I think the Mamiya 6 and 7 can actually be handheld, unlike the RZs and RBs.

I agree the RB /RZs are pretty chunky. ... But thousands of wedding photographers have done just fine hand-holding them for years. And some primary uses of these larger format cameras would be for portraiture or landscape so a tripod wouldn't be problematic for those. But I know that an RB/RZ would be tiresome to carry around for long periods of time.

"RB67 can easily be handheld, you just need to have hands that are big enough."

So true!!

I have the Mamiya 7 II and like it a lot. I use the 43 mm and the 65 mm mostly, and occasionally the 150 mm, but the longer lenses like the 150 mm are probably better used on an SLR or TLR. The wide lenses are generally excellent. What in particular would you like to know? Do you have a preference for a rangefinder over a reflex?

I want one but haven't the money

Most reactions

Back