Mamiya RB 67 Kit

PWhite214

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Monday I received a RB67 with four lenses, three backs, a hand grip, a few filters and other small accessories.

RB67 Kit.jpg

I have been cleaning the lenses and camera body as well as familiarizing myself with operating the camera. One of the film backs is broken, the 120 back, figures. The 220 backs seem to work fine. I will open the broken insert, but I suspect a broken or stripped gear. Probably best to buy another back or insert.

Total price for the kit was $400 USD. All the lenses work, shutters and aperture seem accurate, I think it was a ok deal.

I plan to get out to the park tomorrow to really try out the system. I will post more later.

Phil

amazing deal
I used to shoot with one.
Very loud shutter release but great glass and rotating back is great.

Still have my RB-67 ProS system--one of the best systems ever!

I've got about what you have plus a Polaroid back, bellows lens shades, and the metered Prism Finder with a flip-up magnifier. You might want to consider getting a Prism Finder--it really speeds up image creation and with the magnifier really precise focusing is possible.

Have Fun!

Not too shabby! I'm jealous. I still want one. Great deal!

Thank you all, I am ready to go have a 120 film day. I am thinking take the 645-1000s and the RB 67 down to Texas City, Tx in the morning for some photos. Texas City is on Galveston Bay near Galveston. Miles of shoreline, with great sunrise potential. The birding has not been the best there the last few months, but you never know. I hope to post some results next week, mostly B&W, but I will take at least one roll of Ektar along just in case. I should have enough exposed C41 soon to warrant ordering C41 chemicals.

Phil

Sweet. Love my RB67 Pro S kit.

Check the condition of the seals between the RB adapter and the film back, as well as those between the body and the RB adapter. Check the condition of the seal at the hinge of the shell around the insert, too. They're often marginal or shot on RB67 Pros and the main sources of light leaks. They're an easy DIY fix. Your first rolls will show up any problems.

You might luck out and find a 120 insert but more likely you'll end up with the whole enchilada.

@cgw, Thanks for mentioning the seals. I cleaned out the old seal material with a Dremel and brass wire brush. I used black wool yarn for new seals. Replaced the seals on all working film backs.

Phil

I finally have a few photos with the RB67. I added a 50mm, 250mm, three 120 film backs and a cable release to my kit.

DSC_0072[1].jpg

RB67 with 50mm lens and cable release

I stopped by Challenger Memorial Park near Webster, Tx to shoot a roll of Ultrafine ISO400 film. I will be adding a lens hood as soon as I can.

R1 I03.jpg

The Memorial for the Space Shuttle Challenger Crew.

Looks like lens flare, but I will be shooting under better conditions to check out all the lenses.

R1 I01cr.jpg

Hopefully I will have more to post later.

Phil

I finally have a few photos with the RB67. I added a 50mm, 250mm, three 120 film backs and a cable release to my kit.

View attachment 90220

RB67 with 50mm lens and cable release.........

Wow. An RB67 with a reel-to-reel audio system attached to it!

That's freeking AWESOME! Are you shooting movies with it?
Dies_Laughing_emoticon.gif

View attachment 90220

RB67 with 50mm lens and cable release.........

Wow. An RB67 with a reel-to-reel audio system attached to it!

That's freeking AWESOME! Are you shooting movies with it?
Dies_Laughing_emoticon.gif
Get with the times dude... that's so you can add audio notes to the images files, you know, like the D4 and Canon 1Dx?

Get with the times dude... that's so you can add audio notes to the images files, you know, like the D4 and Canon 1Dx?

I can't keep up with all this new-fangled-dangled technology.

I just heard about something called a 'compewter'. I'm hoping Santa brings me one for Christmas so I can ditch my Morse Code key that I jerry-rigged up to my modem.

If so, I can quit using the key to send nothing but 1's and 0's down the line. It takes f o r e v e r to create a post!

:laugh2: Yeah, but it is difficult to use in the field. Fills up a huge backpack, then have to carry the generator, mixer, microphones and stands. I think I will just leave the 3440 at home!
I do love my old sound gear. The records, tapes and even the TV sound great thru the system.

Be back later, recently received some 120 - Ilford Delta 100, expired 2005. Seller said it was frozen since new. Have to go shoot a roll.

Phil

Most reactions

New Topics

Back