man and tool

mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I realized that I had commented on other people's portraits but hadn't made one of my own in years. Somebody asked for a picture of me (not here) so I shot one this morning. This was the only pose and I did nothing to it I could not have had a processing lab do. This however was shot with a fifty dollar point and shoot camera.

So comments always welcome even more critique

selfportrait2smam2.jpg

Yes that is two pairs of glasses. I often do that in the lab because my eyes are so bad these days. I thought it added a nice touch of realism to getting old.

Ps Im still debating a tighter crop to get rid of the small windows at the top. just at the bottom of those windows. It might be more dramatic without them but i would miss them as well I think. And of course to keep the same balance I could black them out.
selfportrait2smacr7.jpg

To different pictures completely... Considering who I am and what I do I think it's the original for me. The black out was terrible.

I think I would keep the windows at the top, I really like them, they go with the age of the subject. Maybe just a black border around the entire image. I love it, great lighting!!!

I agree - I have no problem with the first image and the little windows along the top. In fact, I really like them!

Great shot, Charlie. :)

I came to exactly the same conclusion.... Nice to know there are like minds somewhere in the world.

To add to my fifty dollar point and shoot camera I spared no expense. I used a 125 watt outside flood lamp for me and a 100 watt household bulb in an 8" reflector for the camera. Total cost of lighting under ten bucks.

To think back in the day I had almost grand worth of high end strobes and couldn't have done this well. I like to think that anyway.

Great shot. I like the old double hung (frost or dew included) windows,the lighting, and the subject-matter. It almost reminds me of a Norman Rockwell? Keep up the good work.

I like it, but since you said please edit anything..........thought I would give it the old B&W conversion.

selfportrait2smam2.jpg

Most reactions

Back