MAN, do I love my new Nifty Fifty

C'mon sw1tch, dont stop their parade! lol dont you see the magic happening here?!?!

don't blame the lens, i'm still getting used to it, but here are a few from the graveyard.

grave.jpg

graves.jpg

roadleaf.jpg

Dang, our leaves are just STARTING to change color and yours look like you are already half-way through fall!

lol fall started early up here, got a few cold spikes during early fall, that tricked the leaves into changing. We've even frosted a couple days here already, and our first snowfall might be as soon as the end of this month.

must be nice, i really like fall colours in the leaves. this is the only one i found when walking through the park after i bought my nifty fifty (i was there about 15 minutes after the purchase. i had to try it out)

it may be brown but only because its dead :(

3.jpg

Oh yes! A nifty fifty thread! I've been saying it for a while now; they are the most incredible lenses. I've got two 1.4 lenses (one ultrasharp vintage and one modern autofocus) that I take with me when I go shooting. Between the fifty and my new favourite, the Sigma 10-20, I need no other lens.

Well, maybe the Pentax 50-135 f2.8. But that's still $700 away. :(

Also took the nifty plunge today! Easy choice after trying to get kit lens to please my eye... First prime shots (I admit to lucking out on a random model and not caring that he is OOF) -Shea

Shea_SRF_visitors_4web_IMG_2635.jpg

Shea_srf-DOF-greeenage-4web_IMG_2640.jpg

Shea_srf-koi_4web_IMG_2646.jpg

Looking forward to shooting all day tomorrow! :mrgreen:

I have the Canon 50mm Prime f1.4 USM. From the moment I first locked it into my 450D body the results have sent my face into a smiling spasm. You centre focus this baby on your target and you simply cannot miss, the depth of field throws your target to the foreground in an amazing way. The sharpness is incredible and the images are vibrant.

This lens also makes an excellent portrait lens, I don't think this piece of kit has been off my camera since I bought it a month or so ago.

You can see some of the pictures I've taken with this lens from the link in my signature.

.... it's funny how everything old is new again!
I remember years ago (yeah, I'm an old f*rt) when no one wanted a 50mm lens. Camera shops couldn't sell them...
Now everyone wants a "nifty-fifty"....
Strange how it all changes ....

well im sure it becomes new again, because everyday new people take up this hobby, and its the cheapest lens at that aperture. Like I said, i'm still getting used to it, as w/ my other lenses, so it'll be a while before i take a pic truly worthy of it. but i'm giddy over the ones i've taken so far. i've taken a ton more, but those 3 were all i had time to work w/ yesterday.

From what people have been saying, I can't wait to my little 50mm as a portrait lens. Shame all my family are TOTALLY camera-shy... Oh, well. Detail shots on cars are good enough for me at the moment.

It's great!!!, just got home with it, and from a few little "playing" shots its fantastic.
will post up some results later

Most reactions

New Topics

Back