LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
4562534613_1fa4259fd3_o.jpg

Scene from Selimiye Mosque in Konya, Turkey (March 2010).

And yes. I know that the man who's praying, is out of focus.

I actually like the fact that he is not sharp. But the rugs look soft throughout too and that's too bad. Or is it the way rugs photograph?

I like it. I think the carpet looks soft due to the repeating pattern.

Well, and it may also be due to the fact that it was an ISO 1600 (highest for my camera, inducing a lot of noise) that had been run though a noise reduction programme. And I don't see the carpet really as blurred. And it WAS soft (its fabric).

I think it's a very nice photo, the rug doesn't look that soft to me. But as a personal preference a lower angle would make the photo looks nicer.

i like it, but i feel like he is lost due to the large amount of foreground. MAybe a lower angle and less foreground?

Impossible to repeat, to reshoot. I'm not going to be in Konya any time soon again. Or ever. Who knows?

All I can offer is another photo, taken on the same occasion, in the same mosque, during the same 15 minutes I was allowed in there:

4563160844_e3baaa4b51_o.jpg

It is still the same theme ("Man Praying in Mosque") only is this another man.
And no, as the tourist who I was, I was not going to do any "gymnastics" in order to get my photos, I was careful not to be a disturbance, that was my primary goal - plus the one to get some photos.

Flickr isn't doing them any good, I might add. I find they lose in sharpness, and VERY much so, the ones I see on my screen directly from the disk are a lot better!

Love the second one more, if these were taken in Turkey, I know how it's hard to get comfortable with the people there, they're not really friendly.

Well, as to my experience in Turkey in general and with people there or from there, I can't really underline what you are saying.
And actually, I tend to agree with regards to these two photos. I should have posted the second one first (and leave it at that).

By the way, if I should ever come to your country and visit a mosque there, I'd behave similarly, wouldn't do any "gymnastics" in your mosques, either! I don't do "gymnastics" in our churches, either.

By the way, if I should ever come to your country and visit a mosque there, I'd behave similarly, wouldn't do any "gymnastics" in your mosques, either! I don't do "gymnastics" in our churches, either.

Oh, that made me think about what I've done in a church back in Leeds. I've done some "gymnastics" as you call it, do you find it offensive or misbehavior if a tourist have done some weird moves to take a shot in a church? not by meaning any disrespect to the place, as I do respect every kind of beliefs and religions.

Most reactions

Back