Man Tased flying his drone in State Park

A Hawaii man was tased and arrested for flying a drone at a national park Saturday in front dozens of shocked witnesses who say the ranger went completely overboard.

But Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park spokesperson Jessica Ferracane said it was necessary to tase him in order to keep everybody safe.

After all, she says, it is illegal to fly drones in any national park in this country.

There is no telling what else he could have done, she told Hawaii News Now:

Just, wow. Scary man with a drone. LOL!!

Oh boy, just read the full article on another thread, the guy was flying a 3" Micro quad chopter. And was Tased out of fear it would hurt someone?

Oh boy, just read the full article on another thread, the guy was flying a 3" Micro quad chopter. And was Tased out of fear it would hurt someone?
To keep the other visitors safe, man! Why, he could have buzzed them or something lol!!!

The man was obviously gathering intelligence for Al Qaeda, videoing the state's volcanic infrastructure (oh so vital to national defense!) so terrorists could plot to destroy it.

The man was obviously gathering intelligence for Al Qaeda, videoing the state's volcanic infrastructure (oh so vital to national defense!) so terrorists could plot to destroy it.

I doubt his 3" Drone had the capacity to video. It would have come in handy though during any trial..."look jury, this is where my client was Tased, right as the drone spirals out of control and slams in the back some some seniors head" lol

3" micro quad copter taking video?
That must be the smallest video cam in the world.

Something in that doesn't make sense.

I doubt his 3" Drone had the capacity to video. It would have come in handy though during any trial..."look jury, this is where my client was Tased, right as the drone spirals out of control and slams in the back some some seniors head" lol

From the article:

He brought his 3-inch micro quadcopter to capture the lava from above,...........

3" micro quad copter taking video?
That must be the smallest video cam in the world.

Something in that doesn't make sense.

Aerocraft Mini Quadcopter with Micro Camera and Lights Mode 2 Ready to Fly

Dromida KODO 90mm Micro Quadcopter RTF w Camera

Amazon.com Hubsan X4 H107C 4 Channel 2.4GHz RC Quad Copter with Camera - Red Black Red Black Toys Games

Keep in mind there's probably very little fact-checking in modern new-gathering organizations these days. It may not have been 3". It may not have been a quad. It may have been an huge octo with a D4 or D810 hanging from it.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
To keep the other visitors safe, man! ...

by physically hurting visitors.

tasing someone is the back, is against almost every protocal for use.

Wow, just wow. Wonder if someone thought to switch their camera to video and record that?

Don't know the whole story but I know I'd be ticked for getting tased and arrested when I was just trying to leave because I wasn't allowed to fly my drone.

ticked? you mean tickled.

like as in tickled with voltage as your face breaks your fall.

None of which answers the questios of why a park ranger is running around with a taser in the first place.

Man is faulted for not cooperating.

LEO is faulted for overreaching.

Most reactions

Back