Manchester C.C.

Garrentee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Now i know these are noisy...the reason being i left the ISO on 800 when i was shooting these! DAMN

That out of the way, I was shooting these for the country club for some promo shots(included was a free round of golf...yay!)

These are some of the better shots i got...how do they look(comp., exposure, and content)?...these are meant to be included in a vermont golf newsletter.
may07026.jpg

may07025.jpg

may07024.jpg

I know the noise sucks but i dont have any noise software...thanks
garrentee

Vibrant colors!

In the first one, there seems to be a random blue smudge in the sky towards the left of the middle of the sky right under the clouds.

I think one and two are stronger compositionally(art wise) and also look more stereotypically *country club*, three looks like a shot of a park branching off into a forrest or woodsy area (and it might also be that the water is dark, I always imagined the country club lakes would be a nice deep blue, maybe green. But that is beyond your control of course :D.) The lawn mower lines in the second one really appeal to me, makes it look a bit trippy.

But three is really gorgeous in it's own part due to the glass surface of the lake and those shore plants.

Holy Cow, I see that smudge on #1...kinda looks like a penis...wonder what thats from?

I agree that #3 looks more parky then golf coursy(?)...that pond kinda looks frozen

thanks ordinaryday!!

No problem!

Haha! I thought the same thing about the smudge but wasn't sure if you'd be offended if I made the comment.

First one is tilted oddly... A nice set though, and number 3 gets a bit grainy in the back.

Here's my take....

#1...try cropping down to the top of the predominant clouds. It will show more of the green and flag.

#2...OK...Clone out the brown spot in the left foreground.

#3...Try cropping up to the middle of the water on the right side of the shot. Too much water distraction.

Nice colors...good luck with the presentation.

OM"sO

thanks laser and pna.

laser i think that the only reason it looks tilted is because the flag is tilted...

PNA, ill give those sugestions a try...in #2 thats not a brown spot its the 200 yard marker and ill def clone that out thanks for bringing it to my attention...thanks again

anyone else?
garrentee

LOL...I thought the same thing! Memories of Austin Powers 2 came to mind.

HAHA!! Thats so funny...forgot about that part!!!

I think it might be a sunspot...but a good one!!

Garrentee, I didnt think about that lol

i guess thats a compliment flash?...thanks...i think?

I'm not sure, I mean, the pictures are good, but nothing there really made me go, "Oh. Nice". They aren't bad shots, but, to me it feels like something is missing, something to really make the shots great.

While these are certainly very pretty and vibrant, you have some shadow issues in each.
I think a little burning/dodging would go a long way to help these go from good to great.
Take the water in the third for instance. Hit that with a nice dodge followed by a vibrant light burn, and you are going to see that water turn into a mirror.
Pretty stuff, and you are almost there.:p

Trenton, thanks for commenting...these arent supposed to WOW you, there strictly for media purposes and to showcase the product!

elsaspet, thank you as well for the info...i dont have the program that will do dodeging or light burns...im currently workingon getting cs2 or 3 but i need a new computer first!

Most reactions

Back