Manchester UK Meet-up?

Secure parking at the airport is between £10 and £20 for 12 hours (10am-10pm) with included transfers where needed.

There are cafe's and bars in the airport as well as shops and viewing areas.

With advice and ideas from TPF friends (more confidence to shoot in public) I could easily spend the whole day there.

Rob said:
That sounds like a good idea, there are probably signposts to the train station and everything!

Rob

The ground interchange station opened in 2004 (checking on the website) which provides train and bus services to and from the airport.

There is also a regular bus to and from the viewing park where Concord G-BOAC (Alpha-Charlie) is currently parked.

I personally like taking people shots. I think at the last meetup it was a bit of a mistake to go searching for brilliant scenery.

The airport makes a great place to meet up regardless of travel methods, I could even fly to visit you if it's cheapish.

In light of recent security tightening, I'm not entirely convinced that the airport is the best place for a random group of internet people to wander round with cameras, it's gonna look suspicious! "They" are probably monitoring this as we speak! :)

I'm up for gritty, urban street photography and tram dodging personally. I don't much care for scenery, I'm a people person!

Actually, as long as there's a pub involved, I'm happy.

Rob
p.s. I may even have a digital camera by then!

I have already phoned the airport to enquire about security and permissions and filled in an online form (just as an enquirery) for permissions etc.

Just have to wait to see what they come back with! :D

Rob, plenty of pubs in and around the airport so no need for you to worry! :lol:

Ok, a couple of little things for you to find out:

If I fly, then it's no problem I'm at the airport.
If I take the train, I presume the interchange is cheap and not a problem?
If I drive, how much is the car-park assuming I arrive at lunchtime Sat and leave early evening Sunday?
Hotels, any ideas?
I take it we're all staying over and having a drinkie?? :)

Who else is gonna come?

http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/web.nsf/Content/PassengerAndVisitorInformation

You can actually get a quote and pre-book car parking online! Some of the cheaper car parks are a couple of miles from the airport but they are patrolled and include a bus ferry service to the terminals.

As far as I know the interchange is at the airport itself.

Not sure about hotels but Manchester Airport is actually on the edge of the countryside so cheap B&B's should be everywhere! :lol: Search for B&B's in Wilmslow area and Mobberly

Might be interested in this, couldn't make 25th & 26th Feb, most other weekends fine, no problems.

Thanks for the welcome. Not got a "genre" of picture, so currently take shots of anything really (except naked women, the wife won't let me!!!!!).

Can make anywhere in the manchester area, I know the viewing park so it is as good a place as any to meet. Couldn't stay over unfortunately.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back