Mandarin Duck

Space Face

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Mandarin Duck. Beautiful little creatures. This fella was surrounded by Mallards so had to be patient to get him in enough space on his own to get a shot.

md2-1.jpg

Beautiful bird and shot =]

Thank you J.

Great shot of that duck. First I've seen one.

Great shot of that duck. First I've seen one.

Cheers.

Although this one is a wild bird, they are, as the name suggests, of Far Eastern ancestry. I believe originally imported to the UK as a decorative species for ornamental gardens and ponds, they have obviously escaped and are suited to our climate. Related to your American Wood Duck too.

Nice reflection!

And yep they are non-native to the UK but a good few have readily escaped from captivity and pop up around the place.

THAT IS A BEAUTIFUL IMAGE ! Love the reflection captured. NICE WORK!

Mike ☘️

Thank you chaps.

I love doing shots like that with the water looking black and a bird with color against it with a reflection. When I spot'em I jump on them although I have the feeling some people think they're too dark but they are in the shade soooooo. Nice capture!

I love doing shots like that with the water looking black and a bird with color against it with a reflection. When I spot'em I jump on them although I have the feeling some people think they're too dark but they are in the shade soooooo. Nice capture!

Thanks K. Yeah, lifted the duck slightly in this one to show it's beauty, hopefully without over doing it and maintaining the overall feeling of being in the shade, which it was.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back