Manfrotto 055CLB tripod head plate broken

laratta

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi forum,
I just find out about this forum. I have an old Manfrotto tripod. The head plate from the column to hold the ballhead broke. There is a piece (adapter) inside the headplate, between the main headplate and the crew. I guess it is used to hold the headplate in tack to the column. I am not sure what this piece call. I try to find the part replacement for this, but have no success. The column and headplate are in great shape. Can you guy point me to a website that sell this part?
I don't think I have to replace the hold column, or the headplate for just one broken adapter piece.
Thanks a lot in advance
LaRatta

Oh, now that's just great, Darrel...... Answer the question in the second post! Now how are we gonna stretch this thread out to 96 posts?

Oh, now that's just great, Darrel...... Answer the question in the second post! Now how are we gonna stretch this thread out to 96 posts?

Well...we could talk about: enchilada sauce-covered burritos; Band-Aid solutions for complex photo problems; beer styles; Imperial versus metric thread sizes; box-end or socket wrench; Ford vs. Chevy; carbon steel knives vs stainless steel knives; jazz versus R&B; bourbon vs vodka; Seahawks vs Broncos; eggs vs protein shakes, the body-builder's dilemma; or any of a whole world's worth of stupid news stories from Yahoo News.

How about discussing Justin Beiber in jail?

Welcome to the broken tripod thread. I thought I better get it in quick before the thread dies

Last edited:
Hi Derrel, and the rest,
Thanks for the help. I did check out the website, but couldn't identify the part. All I need is just the broken adapter, not the whole column. The part in the link you sent which I already looked at, show the whole columm.
The second picture is how the whole faceplate look. As you can see the adapter between the crew and faceplate broke in three piece.

The third picture "adapter" is the broken piece. Do you guy know what it call? Does it make sense to replace just this piece or I have to replace the whole column?
Thanks LaRatta

Attachments

• $20140127_213136_rsz.jpg
    $20140127_213136_rsz.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 179
  • $20140127_213228_rsz.jpg
    $20140127_213228_rsz.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 152
  • $20140127_212323_rsz.jpg
    $20140127_212323_rsz.jpg
    977.6 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
I would call it the tripod foot retaining nut, or center column platform retaining nut; something like that. I LOOKED at the parts for your model and the similar ones, and it SEEMS LIKE they sell JUST the entire centre column, for $30.41, not including VAT.

Wow...at that price, I would be tempted to look for a nut, and file its sides to fit, but then I am kind of a cheapskate.

Otherwise, it seems like they just sell you an all-new, entire centre column...

Derrel,
Yes, 30.41 for the entire center column. I was hoping they just try to sell me the faceplate only. The face plate is seperate from the column platform. I don't understand why they are not selling the face plate by itself the least. That is why I am trying to see if anybody here have Manfrotto tripod and if they ever had to replace the "Retaining nut" and where they got the part.
Thanks a lot for your help,
LaRatta :(

Derrel,
Yes, 30.41 for the entire center column. I was hoping they just try to sell me the faceplate only. The face plate is seperate from the column platform. I don't understand why they are not selling the face plate by itself the least. That is why I am trying to see if anybody here have Manfrotto tripod and if they ever had to replace the "Retaining nut" and where they got the part.
Thanks a lot for your help,
LaRatta :(

You're welcome. I'm very surprised that the plate, or the plate and the retaining nut, are not sold for like $15.00 as a pair...buuuuut....you know how things work...

Most reactions

Back