Manhattan Color Lab

NYBrit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Has anyone ever used Manhattan Color Lab at 4 W 20th Street? If so what are your experiences with them? Were you happy with their service? I photographed a 50th anniversary renewal of vows and party yesterday and I'm looking for a professional lab to develop the films. I saw this lab online and the late opening hours are very handy but I need to know if they're any good. Thanks in advance for any response.

Yes, many times for 4x5 E-6 processing. Not my choice of lab, not my choice to continue using them.

Numerous problems. Poor processing, sometimes requiring a reshoot. Bad attitude - on one occasion I had to go behind the counter to look through the developed film for our film, which they claimed we had already collected so they would not look for it.

We don't use them any more. Go to The Color House, Ken Lieberman, LTI Lightside or Laumont - those are ones I have had good experience with. I'm sure that there are others. I don't recommend Duggal. what sort of developing are you looking for, what format?

Hi Helen, thanks for your reply and your suggestions. I used Kodak 35mm print film. The reason this lab caught my eye is the late opening hours. I'll look into the other places you suggested. I did note the Color Lab was getting mixed reviews on Yelp so I wanted to see if anyone from here had used them. It's obviously a bad sign that the first response is a negative one.

The Color House on Lafayette might be best for you if the location is convenient (our studio is in Tribeca). They are open right now (until 6 pm on a Sunday), and open 8:30 am to 10 pm weekdays.

Thanks, I'll take a trip there during the week. I live on Staten Island but there doesn't seem to be anything convenient to me here. Luckily I work near the ferry so getting to the City in the evening will be no problem. Thanks for your help!

Most reactions

Back