Manhole Cover HDR

the software will make different exposures for you. Of course its not hitting the sensor like bracketing will, but all bracketing is doing is changing ev level. The samething the software will do. Im not talking just tonemapping an image but letting it make a pseudo HDR.
The bracket will pickup more but the difference is small and sometimes difficult to see the difference.
This photo is physically impossible with a digital camera from one exposure. . .
2pm no clouds bright sun in the desert, white sandstone cliff, cave with carbon buildup from fires on ceiling. . . .
4682658972_5c3495c14c_b.jpg

To get the interior correctly exposed you would have to blow out the sky and the cliffs, just bumping the exposure up a few stops in LR doesn't bring out the detail.
Ultimately if you feel you can get the detail back by bumping the exposure than you can likely also get it by adding fill light in LR or whatever other program you are using. If the detail is in the original image there is no need to make multiple images to bring it out.

Raw would of course be much more workable

4699260039_143c674bcd_b.jpg

l

Also keep in mind not everyone travels with a tripod or there's moving people or animals in a shot and single exposure is the best you get

That was from a RAW image, and I have hand held triple exposure HDR images as well.

l

Also keep in mind not everyone travels with a tripod or there's moving people or animals in a shot and single exposure is the best you get

Errr... what were you trying to show here? I think you just re-tonemapped an HDR?

l

Errr... what were you trying to show here? I think you just re-tonemapped an HDR?
:lmao::lol::lmao: OMFG LMAO I can't believe I didn't catch that! Too funny, and yes, my original image was taken from 3 RAW exposures, then cropped down to enlarge the cave. I was actually pretty far away from it at the time.

Here is another image that is impossible with one exposure. . . . .
Shooting directly into the sun, making the foreground come out as silhouettes. . . .
4670122406_365554d9e8.jpg

^^^ yeah. :)

I *think* myshkin was trying to demonstrate this particular point...

For all the purists in this thread. Next time you do an HDR, once you finish save your settings where they are(photomatix does this for me automatically but I'm sure you can save them in other programs). Then run your 0 exposure through the software with the same settings you left it from your HDR. I think you all will be saddened by how similar they are

But I think he didn't realize he was doing it to an HDR, which doesn't really so much prove anything as it is kinda amusing.

Didn't really read all the other comments yet...but i do agree...this was somewhat not needed...but as a graphic designer...I'd shop the hell out of that and use it in a design or something, background, etc.

Most reactions

Back